X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag Man

I love a place for everything and everything in its place, mainly because my memory is so bad that I can be sure I have not forgotten anything. At the moment I take my two guitars in gig bags (got to love Tiger hard foam ones) I take my amp in its own shoulder bag it came with and can fit my mike and voicelive play gtx into the side pockets, but it is heavy, then my cables go in pockets of the guitar cases along with straps and ipad. My amp stand and mike stand goes into an old photography stand bag together with my ipad mike stand holder. Now I have a drum machine and subsequent pedals and leads which I plan on putting in a large laptop bag I have. However this necessitates obviously several trips on the load in/out, as well as the stand bag is past it's best and the ipad holder doesn't really fit properly plus the cables are all over the place. So my question is is anyone using some genius gig bag hard or soft that I haven't been able to find to be better organised, particularly in relation to the stands and cables.
    Failing that I was going to get a keyboard case and customise it with old camera bag seporators but I would rather have something purpose built. Oh and if it could handle a change of clothes so much the better.
    Cheers Steve
    Cheers Steve
    my website http://www.macthehat.com/

Are stairs a consideration? If not then you could simply get some sort of cart or dolly and throw everything on it.  I'm thinking of something like the Rock 'N Roller.  http://rocknroller-multicart.myshopify.com/

Comment

• steve mac
      steve mac commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I am afraid at more than one regular venue stairs come into play, so a roller as nice as it would be is not on the cards.
      Cheers Steve

specifically what goes in the case?  You can have a road case made for your specific needs, but I think you need to think about how large the case will be and how much weight you want to haul at a go.  For the stands you might look at drum stand cases.

"We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

• MDLMUSIC
      MDLMUSIC commented
      Editing a comment
      A couple of years ago IKEA would sell big cloth bags with handles for $1 apiece. I picked up ten of them. They're great for things like cables and extension cords. I use one for my extensive collection of props and goofy hats.

• steve mac
      steve mac commented
      Editing a comment

specifically what goes in the case? You can have a road case made for your specific needs, but I think you need to think about how large the case will be and how much weight you want to haul at a go.

One speaker stand, I use to put the amp on, I would want my Voicelive play GTX and drum machine in there which are both the size of a small encyclopedia, two Boss pedals which join together and are the size of a thick paperback, ten assorted cables, mike stand, iPod holder, roll of duct tape, extension leads, change of shirt/pants, shoes and hat. Other bits and bobs like screwdriver, picks etc. Ideally they would all have a separate compartment or pocket to go in, so that at a glance I would know if I had forgotten anything and would also speed finding things, attached wheels would be a bonus, but as I have said some of my venues are up stairs so it would have to be pick up able.
      Cheers Steve

Apparently they don't sell them anymore but I use several these, each one loaded for a specific instrument and/or situation:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-elite-series-gear-bag/541773000389000

In tweed or black, they have lots of compartments.  Worth searching out used if it's in good shape. Maybe there's a newer version?

I love to sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink scotch.

Comment

steve mac wrote:
    I love a place for everything and everything in its place, mainly because my memory is so bad that I can be sure I have not forgotten anything. At the moment I take my two guitars in gig bags (got to love Tiger hard foam ones) I take my amp in its own shoulder bag it came with and can fit my mike and voicelive play gtx into the side pockets, but it is heavy, then my cables go in pockets of the guitar cases along with straps and ipad. My amp stand and mike stand goes into an old photography stand bag together with my ipad mike stand holder. Now I have a drum machine and subsequent pedals and leads which I plan on putting in a large laptop bag I have. However this necessitates obviously several trips on the load in/out, as well as the stand bag is past it's best and the ipad holder doesn't really fit properly plus the cables are all over the place. So my question is is anyone using some genius gig bag hard or soft that I haven't been able to find to be better organised, particularly in relation to the stands and cables.
    Failing that I was going to get a keyboard case and customise it with old camera bag seporators but I would rather have something purpose built. Oh and if it could handle a change of clothes so much the better.
    Cheers Steve

How about what's called a 'drum Hardware bag?

They come in different sizes, and you should be able to get one that will hold a stand as well as the other stuff. Here's an idea of what I mean......

fficial&sclient=psy-ab&oq=protection+racket+drum+hardware+cases&gs_l=& pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42452523, d.d2k&biw=1366&bih=542&sa=X&ei=ky0dUenGCKjK0QWCkYC QBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CFUQ8wIwAQ" rel="nofollow">https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/3102891492569768353?hl=en&gs_rn=3&gs_ri=psy-ab&ds=sh&pq=drum+bags+cases&cp=37&gs_id=267&xhr=t& q=protection%20racket%20drum%20hardware%20cases&pf =p&client=firefox-a&hs=Dy4&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&sclient=psy-ab&oq=protection+racket+drum+hardware+cases&gs_l=& pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42452523, d.d2k&biw=1366&bih=542&sa=X&ei=ky0dUenGCKjK0QWCkYC QBQ&sqi=2&ved=0CFUQ8wIwAQ

Any use?

www.smoothduo.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X