Booked my 1st "Solo" gig.....maybe

msmooth

• Members

Been playing out with my wife and usually a bassist as Trio / Duo for last year and a half. I am very comfortable in that format. A last minute gig came up for this Saturday evening at place (that I have been thinking about contacting) and they contacted me via our FaceBook page. My wife is not able to do it due to family commitments and I am not sure about the bassist, but I went ahead and booked it to do solo (or with the bassist, if available). Even if he can play, he doesn't sing so it will be me for the whole 2 hours. Wish me luck.

• Moderators

Go for it! The first time you solo on a paying gig is terrifying...it is all on you...but remember, you are your own worst critic, and minor errors that you perceive as horrific typically don't even register with the audience. Just keep going....it will all be okay...[my solo gig mantra]

• Members

OK, Now things have changed up. My "solo" gig will only be 30 - 45 minutes as my wife is going to come an join me to do the rest of the evening as duo after she is finished her thing. That is o.k., too as it will give us chance to talk to the owners about future gigs and we can do our best stuff.

Archived