Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: iPhone 4S 8 megapixel camera - nice!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps it's just me... but why do people throw a significant chunk of cash into a smart phone and not get a proper case for it?
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">octatrack + monomachine mkII + live 8 + samples = crap.<br />
    <b>also starring: </b>Fender Strat / P-Bass, 828mkII, ADAM A7s, Vox VT30, TC Electronics RH750, some effect pedals, <a href="http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&amp;tag=mozilla-20&amp;index=blended&amp;link_code=qs&amp;field-keywords=venture%20brothers&amp;sourceid=Mozilla-search" target="_blank">Venture Bros. DVDs</a><br />
    </font></div>

Comment

I'm not convinced about SIRI. I think it may be more gimmick than tool. iPhone 4 has voice control, and whilst it may be a far cry from SIRI, you could still ask it to play an album,.

Me: "Play Edward Elgar"
      IPod4: You said Medvark Rigar :lol:

I tried the voice thingy one day. It got 1 out of maybe 15 tries.
      <div class="signaturecontainer">TAAKADO= The Artist Also Known As Dutch Ovenz</div>

Comment

Racist technology. Doesn't work for us people who have accents!:cry:

:lol:

I think that as AI advances, that will become less of an issue.

Coincidentally, I have been taking a lens design class for half a day over the last 6 weeks, and the new camera lens has been discussed in minor detail. Apparently it is possible to buy the lens assemblies for iPhones for something on the order of five or ten dollars US. The guy teaching our class is a free-lance lens designer and he is waiting to get one of the iPhone 4S lenses to examine. They are supposed to be made from plastic. Also there is a piezo-electric auto-focus system in the iPhone4S, but I am not sure about earlier models.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Gribs<br />
        <font size="3"><br />
        <font size="1"><i>...Music can be used to stimulate mass emotion, while mathematics cannot; and musical incapacity is recognized (no doubt rightly) as mildly discreditable, whereas most people are so frightened of the name of mathematics that they are ready, quite unaffectedly, to exaggerate their own mathematical stupidity.<br />
        </i><br />
        G.H. Hardy in A Mathematician's Apology (London 1941).</font></font></div>

Comment

Coincidentally, I have been taking a lens design class

You are truly a renaissance man. How did you even come up with the idea?

Anyway, http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/k800i/index.html was a pretty interesting read regarding camera phones - though I think the evolution there's going a bit slower because cameras are considered extras instead of main selling points.
          <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it&quot; - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.<br />
          <a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2077413" target="_blank">Synthesizer Programming Megathread - add your tips &amp; tricks or ask how to recreate sounds!</a></div>

Comment

If you thought Bluetooth zombies were bad already, watch what this is going to do

Haha! What a wonderfully descriptive name! I hadn't heard that one yet. :lol:
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="right">Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.</div></div>

Comment

Perhaps it's just me... but why do people throw a significant chunk of cash into a smart phone and not get a proper case for it?

I agree.
              Just ordered the Otterbox Defender case for my 4S, I have one on the iPad as well, they make a good product.

http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-4S-Defender-Series-Case/APL2-I4SUN,default,pd.html?dwvar_APL2-I4SUN_color=20&start=2&cgid=apple-iphone-4s-cases
              Rest in Peace Rudy.

Comment

Working...
              X