How do you manage your power and pedals?

maarkr

• Members

Posted in a different forum but i'll ask here also... I've seen posts of pedal boards for keys and am going to build one, but the other big issue is the power management... i need a power strip that can handle the wall warts and sideways 9v plugs. I found a strip that does pretty good (Fellows 99091)but it's not an inline strip. Then I thought I could build a skirt for the Z stand and mount the power utils to the back and maybe attach it to the pedal board so it can fold up for travel.

How do you manage your power and pedals? I have 2 keyboards, rotary pedal, mixer, lighting, vocal pox, and unpowered sustain and volume pedal. Since I do some benefit shows for only an hour, I want to plug the power in, plug in the stuff on the boards, and play... not spend 20 mins untangling wires.

• Members

fetch?id=31625515

DIY Pedal board from some ply and 3x1. Angles down towards the front. I screwed a power strip to the back inside it and plugged wall warts into that. I had one wall wart that would not fit so I used one of these:

fetch?id=31625517

It's a small adapter lead, about 6 inches long if that. I got a bunch of them from Walmart.

pedalboard3.jpg?w=450&h=337

I cut the plug off the end of the adapter strip lead and soldered the wired to one of these (Search for C14 socket on flea bay) that I fastened to the inside of one side of the box:

pedalboard4.jpg?w=450&h=337

• Members

Nice... altho there was't much feedback, that is a nice rig... pretty much what I was thinking of building in my sketches, but wasn't sure of the final product. I'll have to look for those adapter leads so I can use a smallish power strip. My only other thoughts would be 1. a hinged unit so they could fold into each other for protection, or 2. a board that would hang down from the stand to the floor and have the power items mounted to it... maybe put the band logo on the outside?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived