Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? Is that something Cubase SX has?

Actually, I'm on the road with my laptop, which has a minimal complement of programs installed...Sonar has a phase switch on each channel. I checked a few programs on the net, but couldn't get a detailed enough screen shot to determine if the program did or did not have a phase switch. But I don't think Cubase LE has one.
    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Just FYI: Cubase LE can only record 4 simultaneous tracks.
      He's Coming,Make Music Be Happy
      The Lord Is My Provider And My Boss, So Don't Even Think You Are The Man
      Too Many Songs To Learn, So little Time!!

Comment

And unfortunately, the review will get pushed out further because I've been caught in that #$&^* snowstorm that hit the east coast...I'm sitting in a hotel in Newark, New Jersey, and Delta can't get me out until Monday morning. I heard 1000 flights were canceled today, and the airport itself was closed briefly.

Comment

Actually, I'm on the road with my laptop, which has a minimal complement of programs installed...Sonar has a phase switch on each channel. I checked a few programs on the net, but couldn't get a detailed enough screen shot to determine if the program did or did not have a phase switch. But I don't think Cubase LE has one.

Hi Craig! How's your Mom?

Comment

And unfortunately, the review will get pushed out further because I've been caught in that #$&^* snowstorm that hit the east coast...I'm sitting in a hotel in Newark, New Jersey, and Delta can't get me out until Monday morning. I heard 1000 flights were canceled today, and the airport itself was closed briefly.

Well, enjoy your stay as much as you can....We'll be waiting

Comment

One other thing I should mention is that driver updates are fairly common. Comments about what does and does not work with particular configurations are often very helpful to companies, as long as the descriptions are fairly detailed.

Comment

Thanks for asking, ViLo! She's doing pretty well, given she's 87 and had major surgery. She's a real trouper and it was great to visit with her

Comment

Thanks for asking, ViLo! She's doing pretty well, given she's 87 and had major surgery. She's a real trouper and it was great to visit with her

Great! I'm happy to hear that!

Comment

Check out the features of this new FocusRite Saffire 8 channel preamp/recording interface using firewire. It seems to have the exact same features as the io26. I'm willing to bet they are the same product. Although the FocusRite is $100 more than the io26, it may be a nice alternative for those that have racks, or want their inputs in back.

Comment

Hey everyone, I have the io 26 for about 2 months now and has been working great. I have used it to record a full drum set and DI a bass at the same time. Im running it on a new intel mac power book.

As far as the issue with itunes, I feel that every time I open a new program the computers processors use the ram to open that program which may account for the pop in the audio. This happens with Photoshop and itunes on my compy.

One question though has anyone added more input via adat? Any suggestions for me?

Comment

Are you going to test the unit with Sonar 6. I couldn't get it to work. The firewire light would go off and on. My Firewire Hard drive works fine.
                        I got an RA number at it is back at Alesis.
                        I hope it is not like others that say the Drivers are bad. The unit looks and feels solid. When it did boot up, the unit would either start spitting static out and the time line would go about five times the normal speed or it would freeze Sonar 6 up completely. My Edirol UA-25 doesn't have these problems and I hope mine will be fixed. Anybody else have my problem?

Ed

Comment

On the contrary, Vincent...this does belong here. Either his scenario is common, in which case Alesis needs to know about it, or it is not, in which case he needs to figure out what his problem is. However, it seems at first glance his system doesn't meet the minimum specs with respect to the processor.

Pops and dropouts can be due to so many different reasons...I've had outdated graphic card drivers cause that type of problem. IF we can chase down the problem, I'm sure Alesis would be grateful as they could then handle any other people who had the same problem.

And as an aside, in terms of doing Pro Reviews on several interfaces, Firewire Mac interfaces seem more problematic than Windows computers IF the Windows computers have the right card. I've certainly experienced some weird issues with interfaces and my dual G5; check out the PreSonus Inspire thread for details, and how I solved it.

Thanks Craig!

I was under the impression that the Pro review Thread was only for the reviews.

But your are right.
                          I encountered some problems with my Desktop, when I play iTUNES and open Firefox, I wanted to try it since other users were having problems, and sure enough I have the same problems......I installed it on desktop with 1 gig of ram,and an Asus MoBo...

I must say that I also have @ church the Alesis MultiMix Firewire16, and it works great with my desktop, Zero Problems.

I recorded 3 guitars, lead guitar and bass, with no problems.
                          But with the io26, even SoundForge, stops and goes, I have more stuff going on in my desktop, so will see, so do you tihink is the drievers.....[???]
                          I had the EMU 1820M and it also worked great with my desktop, the reason I sold it was because of the 2 mic pre's. I needed 8.

At the moment I'm on a laptop:
                          Gateway MP8708, IntelCoreDuo,2 Gigs Ram,With WinXp Media Center.
                          I'm playing iTunes @ the same time I', writing this post, and surfing, so far Zero Problems......

Installation of the iO/26 on this laptop was a snap!

Comment

I just recorded 4 tracks with the laptop and the io/26 with no problems.

Comment

I just recorded 4 tracks with the laptop and the io/26 with no problems.

On my desktop I'm using the built in firewire socket [??] the Asus mother board has an intel VIA chipset. I know the a TI chipset is recommended [????] so I'm ordering a PCI Firewire Card with the TI chipset to see if that will make a difference....

I will do everything to keep this Interface, and since it works on the Church's laptop, I got hope ..I intend to buy a laptop to make this a mobile recording rig.

Comment

Actually it records 8 mono tracks. I use Logic Pro and I've recorded up to 24 tracks with the lightpipe inputs.

Just FYI: Cubase LE can only record 4 simultaneous tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X