Alesis io26 and io14 Interfaces

Anderton

• Members

I recently purchased the IO26 and had no problems getting it set up and working in Logic Pro 9 on Snow Leopard 10.6.7....until I tried to use the HDM software. I get the 'unexpectedly quit' error message every time I try to launch the application. I left messages (voice & email) with Alesis but they have not gotten back to me. Has anyone come across this issue and had any luck resolving it?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I recently purchased the IO26 and had no problems getting it set up and working in Logic Pro 9 on Snow Leopard 10.6.7....until I tried to use the HDM software. I get the 'unexpectedly quit' error message every time I try to launch the application. I left messages (voice & email) with Alesis but they have not gotten back to me. Has anyone come across this issue and had any luck resolving it?

i also have this problem running it on Snow Leopard 10.6.7. Hoping someone else would know what to do...I installed the latest drivers from Alesis' website and also uninstalled-reinstalled old drivers to which it still won't work. When I had my Thinkpad running XP the HDM worked great but on my MacBook it's not running. Any help?

• Members

I got it working. Here's how:

1) in your library>application support>"Alesis FireWire" folder (note the space, there is another folder without) set the permissions to be read/write for your user name in the 'get info' box for both the folder and the dice driver file contained therein.

2) make sure on the actual HDM app that the 'rosetta' compatibility mode is disabled - for some reason that box was checked on mine.

After that it started up and functioned properly. Hope this helps. Let me know if you run into any other issues and I'll try to help.

• Members

1) in your library>application support>"Alesis FireWire" folder (note the space, there is another folder without) set the permissions to be read/write for your user name in the 'get info' box for both the folder and the dice driver file contained therein.

2) make sure on the actual HDM app that the 'rosetta' compatibility mode is disabled - for some reason that box was checked on mine.

After that it started up and functioned properly. Hope this helps. Let me know if you run into any other issues and I'll try to help.

how do you do step 2? i can't even get into the program to adjust settings...do i have to adjust something in the contents of the .app?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Thank you sooooo much. For several years now I've been so frustrated by the horrible Alesis drivers, and I am very happy to have the HDM utility working again. It seems it is always something with Alesis, every time they release a new driver, they fix a handful of things, and break something else. I changed the permissions, and everything worked perfectly!

• 1 month later...
  • Members

hi all, i just bought an alesis io 26 from a friend. it come without its power suppy, my friend lost it somewhere. is there any of you guys that kind enough to take picture of your power supply, especially that describe the specification, and post it here? any help will be so much appreciated.

thanks

• Members

Or maybe it didn't come with one. At any rate, I found one that works. It came with an external DVD drive. I don't recommend you use anything but the correct adapter but, if you can't find one, then you need something. Oh yeah, please don't blame me if your unit blows up! ;)

powersupply.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Greetings,

I have an Alesis IO 14. I have updated to the latest Mac drivers. It came with a newly designed control panel. I have a question about the new Alesis Firewire Control Panel.

Should I leave the OPERATION MODE SETTING on NORMAL or should it be set to one of the SAFE MODE LEVEL 1, 2 or 3? What are these settings for?

thanks!

Hairfarm

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

Hi all, first post here!

I have an io26 which has worked fine on my xp machine for a while. Just tried to move it to a (higher spec) vista system (vista HP).

The downloaded drivers appear to install fine; the firewire LED is lit, and it appears in the "Sound" popup from control panel. However, nothing is coming through the io26. When I installed it in XP, after having installed the downloaded drivers and plugged it, the found new hardware popup appeared and installed further stuff as it says in the manual... this didnt happen in vista.

I'm using Cubase 4, and it appears in the device manager and vst connections, but still no output.

Hi Sam,

I have exactly the same problem and symptoms with my IO26 running on my laptop with Windows 7. It works fine with both my desktop computer and old laptop (both running Windows XP SP2/3).

Did you find a solution to this problem? Or has anyone else found a solution to this?

Archived