Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I should probably ask this when you've posted a bit more about these units, but want to ask before I forget. Any major differences in the quality of components (build quality, preamps, etc.) compared to the Alesis MultiMix mixers? Looking at the system requirements for each line, I'm personally more inclined to go with the MultiMix FireWire so that I can move between a well-equipped desktop PC and more modest notebook without running into performance issues, plus I can think of several situations where having basic EQ controls built into the mixer would be preferable. Features like the Hardware Direct Monitoring and phono capability of the io26 don't offer me much for my limited needs, but getting the best preamps I can in a small budget mixer/interface would be very attractive.

Don't need an immediate answer, but if you could do some sort of io/MultiMix comparison later in the review, that would be helpful!
    Originally Posted by Captain_howdy

^^ this guy just said "lard tsunami".

UNDER EDEN: The Science of Self-Defeat at CD Baby - / - Facebook - / - Official Website - / - My Blog: Extreme Metal Musician

Member of the Jackson/Charvel Army
    ----------------------------------
    Jackson Guitars - ART Preamps & EQs - Peavey & Carvin Amps - Rocktron, Tech 21 NYC & EHX Effects

Comment

I have the Saffire (not Le) and it works very well. I was looking to add another unit with 8 in's to do acoustic drums. I tried the Presonus and didn't like it. Seemed finicky and all sorts of PC issues. Alesis is a budget system but I've used quite a bit of Alesis gear in my days.

Comment

I have the Saffire (not Le) and it works very well. I was looking to add another unit with 8 in's to do acoustic drums. I tried the Presonus and didn't like it. Seemed finicky and all sorts of PC issues. Alesis is a budget system but I've used quite a bit of Alesis gear in my days.

I need a little more data here...IIRC the Saffire doesn't have an ADAT in, were you talking about the Presonus DigiMAX FS? Wasn't finicky here with a PC...and if you're doing ASIO, you couldn't run two interfaces simultaneously unless you were using hte CEntrance utility...more data, please!
        N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I know I should probably ask this when you've posted a bit more about these units, but want to ask before I forget. Any major differences in the quality of components (build quality, preamps, etc.) compared to the Alesis MultiMix mixers? Looking at the system requirements for each line, I'm personally more inclined to go with the MultiMix FireWire so that I can move between a well-equipped desktop PC and more modest notebook without running into performance issues, plus I can think of several situations where having basic EQ controls built into the mixer would be preferable. Features like the Hardware Direct Monitoring and phono capability of the io26 don't offer me much for my limited needs, but getting the best preamps I can in a small budget mixer/interface would be very attractive.

Don't need an immediate answer, but if you could do some sort of io/MultiMix comparison later in the review, that would be helpful!

We have the Multimix 16 @ church, the faders are kind of toyish and very fragile IMHO, I don't think is designed for the road, unless you protect it very well, the fader knobs[??] can be easily pulled..It works well for what we need it for, but it's fragile.

I got to see the iO/26 in "person" and it's heavy and very well built the knobs feel very good.
          He's Coming,Make Music Be Happy
          The Lord Is My Provider And My Boss, So Don't Even Think You Are The Man
          Too Many Songs To Learn, So little Time!!

Comment

It was a Firepod that I tried. Maybe the Alesis will work. My concerns are most like these other guys here asking about the mic preamps.

Comment

Yeah, mic preamp and converter quality are my biggest concerns. Featurewise it looks fantastic, but at this price you have to wonder where the corners were cut.

Comment

I bought the io26 about a month or so ago and love it. I got it for $350 out the door from GC. Apparently it's the first one they sold because the sales guy keeps calling me and asking me questions.

I can vouch for everything Anderton has said so far about the build quality and features.
                PROLETARIAT

Originally Posted by Norton666

Man , Ive held off replying to any Klops threads because its kind of like the sweet , naive retarded kid down the street who is out putting in hours on his pogo stick every single night with dreams of someday going pro . You have to admire his ambition and determination , but at some point , he will realize he is retarded and there isnt a pro pogo stick league. I just dont wanna be the guy to tell him . Wait...............

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to do this review.

I've been waiting months for anyone, ANYONE, to give their .02 about these things.

Thread subscribed
                  http://hornunit.bandcamp.com/

Good transactions: EDS, machine_gunner (x2), SOULKITCHEN, tonedover, bvester, ChristinasDream, duderanimous, TheChopsyWanker, Sutto

Comment

is the phantom power a real 48volts? i.e. when hanging 7 current-hungry mics off of it (cad m179's or oktava mc012's) how much voltage reads on channel 8?
                    d. gauss

http://www.betteroffdead.com

Comment

Phantom power is enabled separately for channel pairs. I tested input 1 at 48.2V, then stuck an AT3035 into input 2 to see if input 1 "drooped" at all, but it remained at 48.2V.
                      N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Comment

nice. I just bought the io14 because the io26 was out of stock and I need something ASAP. Hope it lives up to the hype you guys are putting out.
                        Member of the Mazi Bee Militia
                        Current Guitar Gear - 03 Gibson Les Paul Classic, 03 Highway One Strat, 92 Gibson AJ, 2001 Martin 000-16GT
                        Amps - '60 Ampeg Mercury M12, Marshall Class 5, '73 Vibro Champ, Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb
                        FX - Fulltone OCD Version 2, Line 6 Pod HD400, EH Holy Grail Plus, Fulltone Fat Boost FB-2, Dunlop Wah

Comment

Well if you find any problems with it, this is the place to post about them!

Comment

Hi guys,
                            One important issue to be solved: what about the system requirements? Manufacturer claims that minimum is pentium 4 or a 2 gHz AMD and 1 Gb of memory. Has anyone experience on a system that´s just a little below that? For my laptop has a 1,6 gHz AMD + 512 Ram and I'm wondering should I try Alesis IO26.

I did a small research and found two different information on the subject. The website says 1 gig of RAM needed and the products "quick installation guide" says 256 Mb of RAM (512 recommended).. a bit confusing. I don´t know if this is relevant to any other person on this forum, but any clarification is welcome.

The installation guide can be found here (see page 2):
                            http://www.alesis.com/downloads/manuals/7-51-0211-A.pdf

Comment

sys requirement minimums are just that. I go way above in Ram for anything audio. Could be lower than most since it's an interface.

Comment

How does the io14 compare against the Konnekt 8? They are both roughly the same street price, $300, but the io14 has somewhat better input support. Are the pre-amps and converters of comparable quality? How about the drivers (particularly on the Mac)? What would make you choose one over the other?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X