No announcement yet.

Essential tips from Glyn Johns

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential tips from Glyn Johns

I saw this in Pro Sound News and I thought it was well worth sharing. Give it a read if you have a few moments, and let me know what you think.

https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/pro-...news-blog/2270

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

I recently watched an hour interview with Alan Parsons on YouTube. Parsons quoted Glyn Johns as saying that "Let It Be" was a good album until Phil Spector puked on on it. I just loved that quote. And BTW, I love "Let It Be Naked".
    https://soundcloud.com/david-goethe/tracks

Dave's ,YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by davd_indigo View Post
      I recently watched an hour interview with Alan Parsons on YouTube. Parsons quoted Glyn Johns as saying that "Let It Be" was a good album until Phil Spector puked on on it.

I just loved that quote. And BTW, I love "Let It Be Naked".

Me too.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Pretty cool excerpt Phil...I had absolutely no idea Macca was involved with "My Dark Hour". I think it's my all time favorite song by Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by AlamoJoe View Post
          Pretty cool excerpt Phil...I had absolutely no idea Macca was involved with "My Dark Hour". I think it's my all time favorite song by Miller.
          Miller and Macca have been friends for ages. Miller also contributed to McCartney's Flaming Pie LP.

- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post

Miller and Macca have been friends for ages. Miller also contributed to McCartney's Flaming Pie LP.
            Guess I need to dig out the vinyl and listen to that track! Been a while, and I haven't had a turntable until recently....

Comment

Working...
            X