Paranoic USA:The Case Of The 4 Illegal Oranges..........

ViLo

• Members

Here I am, coming back from Mexico, going across the border, the border of my country the US of A! I was born here!:thu:

The officer asks: Are you a US Citizen? I say yes Sir! Where are you going? I 'm going to Dallas, Do you have anything to declare? I said, yes Sir!

I bringing some cookies, candies, cloths[dirty and clean......].Oh! An I have 4 oranges!............. What? 4 ORANGES!!? yyyyyyyes siiiiir....

He writes a ticket, slams it on my windshield and says: PARK YOU TRUCK TO THE RIGHT! yyyessss ssssssssir......

Oh! Oh! Here they come, with a very unhappy face, 4, yes 4 officers with dogs and mirrors they opened every door, check every compartment, open the hood, kicked the tires several times, look at me with an unfriendly face, and said get away from the vehicle sr! yyyyyyyyyesssss, sssssssir, I'm sorry...

And then from the distance I see an African American lady, as she approaches I get very nervous and then she smiles, and says good morning sr, how are you?... ah.... I........'m dooooing........ OK?

She asks:Where are the oranges? I said: One of the officers got them, the officer hands her the 4 oranges, she looks at them, and says smiling: You are free to go.......

As she was leaving, I said, those 4 oranges are very sweet , and really! is nothing wrong with them I ate lots of them during the week....

She smiles again and says: Have a good trip sr.

Were they bored that day,and Needed some excitement?

Is the USA getting paranoid?

Did she ate the oranges after I left?

Did she shared with the others?

Did she believe what I said?

Well I don't know, but something is very wrong, Osama got his way!

Paranoic:1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur, often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.

2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

That's my story! and yes! no more oranges!

• Members

That is, and always has been the case. I don't know of any country where they let tourists bring fruit across the border. The reason has nothing to do with terrorism. It has to do with fruit parasites/diseases.

Let's say the oranges had fruitfly larvae on them and as you're driving up the coast you toss them out the window thinking they're biodegradable, etc. and the fruit flies infest local fruit groves.

The same would happen going to and coming from Canada.

• Members

That is, and always has been the case. I don't know of any country where they let tourists bring fruit across the border. The reason has nothing to do with terrorism. It has to do with fruit parasites/diseases.

Let's say the oranges had fruitfly larvae on them and as you're driving up the coast you toss them out the window thinking they're biodegradable, etc. and the fruit flies infest local fruit groves.

The same would happen going to and coming from Canada.

I understand that, but before 911, they'll take them away, and let you go.....they did not hold you for an hour, with 4 officers with dogs and mirrors! c'mon.........;)

• Members

I understand that, but before 911, they'll take them away, and let you go.....they did not hold you for an hour, with 4 officers with dogs and mirrors! c'mon.........
;)

Probably checking to see if you had more fruit.

C'mon, you had a couple of watermelons stuffed in the tires didn't you? Don't worry, I won't tell.;)

• CMS Author
I understand that, but before 911, they'll take them away, and let you go.....they did not hold you for an hour, with 4 officers with dogs and mirrors! c'mon.........
;)

There's definitely some profiling going on. You didn't say how you were dressed or what you looked like, but that might have had something to do with it as well. I expect that if you were driving a normal car in decent shape rather than a truck they would have just asked for the oranges, told you that you can't carry fruit across the border, and told you to go on. But you might have been carrying some illegal aliens under your truck and were going to feed them the oranges as soon as you were safely across the border.

• Members

There's definitely some profiling going on. You didn't say how you were dressed or what you looked like, but that might have had something to do with it as well. I expect that if you were driving a normal car in decent shape rather than a truck they would have just asked for the oranges, told you that you can't carry fruit across the border, and told you to go on. But you might have been carrying some illegal aliens under your truck and were going to feed them the oranges as soon as you were safely across the border.

I was driving this one:

nissan-titan-11.jpg

;):)

Archived