Anyone try to create their own forum here using phpbb?

Ernest Buckley

• Members

I think "easy" is a pretty relative term. I found it very easy to set up a phpbb forum, but that's me; I'm an experienced web developer and found the tools pretty simple to understand.

That having been said, I would not describe the algebra homework that my 8th grade neighbor does as easy, while he does. So... it is what it is, as I tend to say.

• Members

go to your forum homepage you set up... select the whole address in the addressbar. copy, then make a link on your site to that address. i have only installed forums on my own server so im not sure how hosted forums work exactly, but you could target a blank page, or a frame within your site, or just to a new page.

• Members

I`m having difficulty creating threads for starters.

Even though I started one or two, my original threads were no longer there when I logged back on. Strange...

Also would like to create a banner for the forum but see no way to do it just yet. I`m not exactly techy but I can read so I probably just missed it. duh...

If you can point me in the right direction, I can figure it out. Better yet, is there a help page?

Thanks.

Archived