More terrorism...

• Members

Old article. Continuing threat.

"Pro-Russian" operatives have attacked a number of targets, particularly among the former subjugated states of the old Soviet Union. The Russian invasion of the disputed territory of South Ossetia in Georgia was preceded by relentless, crippling attacks on Georgia's cyber-infrastructure and internet system.

Of course, the Russian government dominated by former KGB types like Vlad Putin (you remember him, the guy GW Bush told us he'd looked into the soul of and knew we could trust?) claimed they knew nothing about it.

• Members

The war began Aug. 7 when Georgian troops launched an offensive to regain control of South Ossetia, one of two Georgian separatist regions where Russia has troops stationed as peacekeepers.

http://www.mail.com/Article.aspx?articlepath=APNewsGeneral-World-News20081005EU-Georgia-Russia.xml&cat=world&subcat=&pageid=1

Russia sent a large force that quickly routed the Georgian military

What did those rocket surgeons expect? Piroshki? I mean what the hell are we backing here, the Georgian military? Please... You may hate Russia but it doesn't make that band of idiots any less idiotic.

• Members

In the end, bullet beats bot. I'm sure that there are people out there who miss the good old days of whacking foreign leaders, who would be glad to put their skills to use in more productive and socially acceptable ways. You have to figure if these middle-men had to worry about a special plane ride to a special facility, that they (and the people they'd probably sell out in a heartbeat) would seriously consider getting into another line of work. I think that a lot of people have gotten disgusted enough with these types of people that they'd be happy to be looking the other way when it happened.

Archived