Kinda OT: Greetings from the desert

• Members

My ladyfriend and I are spending this weekend in Joshua Tree National Park. This is her first time here, and it's been quite awhile since my last visit.

Talk about inspirational... I brought a mic, an audio interface, and a guitar. I went outside to do some playing, and while I strummed, a 12" lizard ran underfoot, a hawk soared over me, and a desert hare hopped by. I was blown away. I could stay here for a week and do an entire album that way.

We also brought my telescope, and last night, watched the moons of Jupiter, saw a great clear shot of the Andromeda galaxy, and of course saw the amazing views of our own Milky Way galaxy. So awesome!

Anyway, we're off to do more exploring. Wish you were here!

• Members

:lol:

I'm putting together a video and a massive blog entry on the whole weekend. It was amazing beyond words. Those of you who have never experienced the desert are missing out on something in life that can't be replicated, can't be read in a book, can't be understood via pictures and movies.

Anyway, I'll drop you all a link when it's ready. As a writer, I assume I have words for everything, but I find that nothing I write can do justice to the vibe of the Mojave. I'll try regardless. :)

• Members

Have you considered rigging up a machine gun to the back of your vehicle, flying over the crest of the hills out there while blasting and singing a song.

Great video idea. The Weasel Patrol!

my Dad, brothers and I used to watch the 'Rat Patrol' faithfully...I think Jeff has the grizzled, looks of 'Sgt. Sam Troy', but he would have to lose the 'peace sign' on his Avatar if he wants to be considered for a shot of the impending remake of the series...:lol:

• Members

Have you considered rigging up a machine gun to the back of your vehicle, flying over the crest of the hills out there while blasting and singing a song.

Great video idea. The Weasel Patrol!

:D they have just announced that they have had to cancel the shoot for the new Mad Max movie because the Australian desert is currently covered in wild flowers due to the heavy rain.

Max and his heeler dog standing in a desert of wild flowers is not a good look :)

Archived