ATTN Propellerheads

1001gear

• 3 weeks later...

Can you restate the question please, and/or provide more details of what you're inquiring about?

Oscillations require a period, or an amount of time. For example, in acoustics, we deal with Hertz, or cycles per second. X cycles per Y period. Likewise, a planet might rotate on its axis X times per Y period. It might simultaneously rotate around its host star (or if it's a orphan planet, the galactic center) a different number of times over a different period of time. If it's part of a solar system, such as Earth, it's not only rotating around its home star, but also that solar system is simultaneously revolving around the galactic center, and that galaxy may in fact be orbiting or revolving around other galaxies or a common barycenter, etc. etc.

As Bleep said, it's indeterminate based on the information given.

• Members

I guess the question is how many simultaneous rotations, revolutions, vectors, trajectories, and otherwise motions through space can a single object have? Chordite says 3 - but that would be around a stationary center. For the sake of order, imagine a 3 or more dimensional Spirograph. The possibilities are infinite right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Exactly as I see it. I'm thinking too that this could possibly be represented as a single multidimensional path much as a single wave trace can represent the most complex audio. So far I'm stuck on trying to visualize it.

Archived