Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, now put the Pearl Vision Artisan II up against a Yamaha Stage Custom kit. Ima pulling the trigger on one of em, and leaning towards the Yammies.

Opinions, please.
    Wha?
    PERCUSUS! THE GOD OF RHYTHM!

Comment

Ok, now put the Pearl Vision Artisan II up against a Yamaha Stage Custom kit. Ima pulling the trigger on one of em, and leaning towards the Yammies.

Opinions, please.
      Wha?
      PERCUSUS! THE GOD OF RHYTHM!

Comment

oh lordy lord lord.............lol. If your a beginner...did he actually say that...yes, yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by agogobill
        View Post

Pearl is the best out there.

Just ask this guy if you don't believe me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlvm0hOt-m8

Nothing wrong with Pearl drums....they are like any other company..you buy cheaper kit, its cheap. Buy a higher end kit and they are great. Ive never had stand failure, but have had a couple of theyre uni lock arms not hold at times. My good set "" is a masters custom maple, they have been great drums and have held up well, even tho gigging heavily since I purchased them i 96'.........
        Jack of all trades....Master of none...

Comment

oh lordy lord lord.............lol. If your a beginner...did he actually say that...yes, yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by agogobill
          View Post

Pearl is the best out there.

Just ask this guy if you don't believe me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlvm0hOt-m8

Nothing wrong with Pearl drums....they are like any other company..you buy cheaper kit, its cheap. Buy a higher end kit and they are great. Ive never had stand failure, but have had a couple of theyre uni lock arms not hold at times. My good set "" is a masters custom maple, they have been great drums and have held up well, even tho gigging heavily since I purchased them i 96'.........

Comment

yes...he has a snare just like in the video posted by bill,....but his sounds mucho better....go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by rdrummer322
            View Post

shoot a PM to melvinspeed.

Comment

yes...he has a snare just like in the video posted by bill,....but his sounds mucho better....go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by rdrummer322
              View Post

shoot a PM to melvinspeed.

Comment

I owned a Masters Custom maple kit and still have a Masters Studio birch kit. I definitely liked the sound of the maple over the birch. Mic'd up, the maple kick was absolutely wonderful. Both kits were gigged heavily with no issues. I will echo kmart that Pearl's stands are sub-standard and will never waste money on them again.

Comment

I owned a Masters Custom maple kit and still have a Masters Studio birch kit. I definitely liked the sound of the maple over the birch. Mic'd up, the maple kick was absolutely wonderful. Both kits were gigged heavily with no issues. I will echo kmart that Pearl's stands are sub-standard and will never waste money on them again.

Comment

bd......what stands were failing for ya???

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy
                    View Post

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy
                      View Post

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by race81
                        View Post

Jake bought several of Pearl's high end cymbal stands a few years ago. They became so badly dimpled from the tom mount that you couldn't raise or lower them. Never had that problem with Tama hardware.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by race81
                          View Post

Jake bought several of Pearl's high end cymbal stands a few years ago. They became so badly dimpled from the tom mount that you couldn't raise or lower them. Never had that problem with Tama hardware.

Comment

I've had a couple of pieces of Pearl gear over the years. My Chad Smith snare drum that I got about 12 years ago, and two single-braced boom stands that I got about 15 years ago. The stands are still going strong and the snare sounds great.

When I was in the market for a new kit 15 months ago, I checked out the Tama Silverstars, the Gretsch Catalina birch, the Yamaha Stage Custom Birch, and the Pearl Vision VBL. I wanted a natural wood finish, so I eliminated the Tama and the Gretsch. The main reason I chose the Yamaha kit was because it came with a matching birch snare and the Pearl came with a steel snare.
                            Here's a tip - if you put out some horrible lo-fi recording that sounds like a Gorilla banging an antelope while using a vacuum with a bad belt drive to suck up a floor full of marbles and silverware - and folks don't line up in mass numbers to hop on your wagon... maybe it ain't us who don't "get it". - THX1138

Comment

I've had a couple of pieces of Pearl gear over the years. My Chad Smith snare drum that I got about 12 years ago, and two single-braced boom stands that I got about 15 years ago. The stands are still going strong and the snare sounds great.

When I was in the market for a new kit 15 months ago, I checked out the Tama Silverstars, the Gretsch Catalina birch, the Yamaha Stage Custom Birch, and the Pearl Vision VBL. I wanted a natural wood finish, so I eliminated the Tama and the Gretsch. The main reason I chose the Yamaha kit was because it came with a matching birch snare and the Pearl came with a steel snare.
                              Here's a tip - if you put out some horrible lo-fi recording that sounds like a Gorilla banging an antelope while using a vacuum with a bad belt drive to suck up a floor full of marbles and silverware - and folks don't line up in mass numbers to hop on your wagon... maybe it ain't us who don't "get it". - THX1138

Comment

i'll second the pearl stands. i've been using a couple of stands and a couple of the iso tom mounts and find them all to be more than par.
                                i miss you, mark
                                r.i.p. rudy

Comment

Working...
                                X