Does anyone use a wireless guitar system?

mmmiddle

• Members

Ideally, you want something with as little tone loss as possible. Compared to the same guitar and amp connected with a cable, there can be some audible frequency loss over wireless, usually on the treble end but sometimes with the bass. Of course, you also want something durable that won't have drop-outs while you're playing.

I've been using a Peavey ProComm UHF for several years now, and it has performed well with only a minimal loss of treble frequencies.

• Members

I just recently bought 3 units made by NADY on a blow out from AMS for $60 each.

One for me, one each for "da boyz".

I'm just using it at home, but it's fun.

The first night I hooked it up, I went out at night into my back yard and played a bit to see why my neighbors get up on my ass.

I now understand a bit better. Heck even a moderate volume on my Pro Junior inside my house the sound shot right out of the walls of my home and sounded much less dampened than I would have guessed.

But anyway, like I said, I bought my unit for fun and to add a bit more of an aerobic aspect to my playing since I can walk around behind the 'ol lady and annoy the piss out of her in a new way. But watch out, I found it increases your odds of dinging your guitar as you walk from room to room scoping out the transmitting capabilities. Door jams and knobs are a hazard to such sport or you can get a hairbrush tossed at you. ;)

Archived