Tele Bridge Buzz???

Hoople Head

• Members

I'm trying to get the last bit of BUZZ out of my tele with a traditional 3-barrel bridge. Even w/ the action on the high side, there is still some buzzing that I'm trying to track down.

Is it possible that the bridge is somehow buzzing? I guess it could if there was a loose piece or something like that that could vibrate. But the design is so simple and there are so few moving parts that I don't really know if that makes any sense. The bridge feels solid... I can't move or shake any of the pieces manually.

When I fret at say the 12th fret and pluck the string, I look at all of the higher frets and none of them seem too close to the vibrating string. When I put my ear near the bridge, the buzzing is very pronounced. When I put my ear near the fretboard, it is less so.

Am I just hearing the fret buzz reverberating through the bridge, or do I possibly have a defective saddle or bridge plate?

• Members

When I fret at say the 12th fret and pluck the string.... I put my ear near the bridge, the buzzing is very pronounced.

OK that is weird, My Tele doesn't do that...There's really not a lot of moving parts. Do you have springs or surgical tubing in your bridge PUP hieght adjustment? Maybe they're moving, I dunno thats all I got.

Archived