What do you get when you play 44.1 back at 48k?

Bookumdano2

• Members

Very old news, and totally false info.

Eddie was handed the wrong guitar which was tuned to the slack-tune Eb they use on most of their songs. The "Jump" guitar is tuned specifically for that song. I went to two shows on this tour, and it sounded fine.

For whatever reason, VH plays it's keyboard track of "Jump" in the key of D, instead of C, like the record.

Even when Alan Fitzgerald was their touring keyboardist, during the Hagar days, they played the song in D.

• Members

Oh God, you just know the guitarists were {censored}ting in their pants.

But I'll bet 80% of the audience didn't notice--- or care. They were too busy getting in on the whole vibe of the show.

What I can't get over is just how clean-cut and genial the band looks here.... They make Huey Lewis & The News look like Steppenwolf.

When I saw VH live in the 70's, they were wilder-looking.

• Members

I grabbed some of the more amusing comments from the vid (we all know how youtube comments get)...I had to bail at page 37...

the organ part is outta key by 1.5 octives

idk if his guitar was in tune or not but it was off at something, roth {censored}ing breaks out a light saber, and then humps along on a giant microphone? Who slipped some acid in my orange juice?

What on earth was going on? It sounds like he was jamming to some soundgarden songs backstage & forgot to retune.

I was {censored}ed up at the show and didn't know it was a mess until i saw it much later on youtube. i guess i thought it was like the Who plays Jump. Only thing i remember about it being {censored}ed up was DLR riding the inflatable mike.

Bottom line...he sucked even if he would have been in tune. His ideas and technique sound as if he is either drunk, high or that he just started playing the instrument. He should listen to this video and be so ashamed of it that this slop would never happen again. This is a great example why recordings sound so good and the live performances sound so bad. Pro Tools correct mistakes in the studio. Pro Tools often make silk purses out of pig's ears otherwise known as polishing a turd. It's common.

Spoken like a true wannabe musician/engineer. Yeah dot, Eddie needs to practice. LMAO!!! Yes, it's true Eddie has had his problems in the past. But that's the past. A half step is a half step, not a quarter. Get over yourself bro. Ed has played thousands of shows that sound just as good if not better than the record. WITHOUT Pro tools. Don't be angry because you'll never amount to a pimple on Eds ass when it comes to guitar or anything els musically.

Horrible!

Van Halen..... you owe those people a refund! The stage should have been sealed-off with? crime-scene-tape after that train wreck!

A ground-breaking experiment in alternative tuning systems.

Wonderful!

It's just not the same without their bouncy hair

did you guys consider that maybe he couldn't even hear {censored} he was playing?

yikes. this has got to be murphy's law working overtime.

Nevertheless, he like a professional, he doesn't forget to actually "jump". (Eddie's thought bubble, "Maybe they won't notice").

And the audience, discerning as there are, applauds the off-key guitar solo. This is exactly why, the show must go on.

eddie {censored}ing rocks, i was at that concert. even if his guitar was? out of tune, u couldnt notice. this video has {censored} for quality.

You didn't notice his guitar was out of tune? You must be mentally retarded.

Dave sounds awesome... but wow. Something is horribly wrong with Ed's guitar!

Why is DLR riding an inflatable dick?

Hehe - You idiots..

This is dubbed in. Send me a video of your favorite band and give me ten minutes to add a guitar or instrument that sounds like crap.

I don't remember bagpipes being in this song before.

People are still cheering though...

David Lee Roth sounds like Neil Diamond.

Jeez...

You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish!

What's wrong with this band? And with the audience? Both of them seem to have no ears... Ayayay, caramba, que mierda!!!

Why is everybody saying such bad things about something being out of tune. Everything is perfect...flawless in fact. Don't take my word for it, listen to the crowd who was there live. Peace out, DLR

I like to feel sexy....knowing someone is watching me ..wanting me...turns me on!BADLY! I like to flirt and pose..and sometimes i like to get WILD! how? ..he he..come in video and youll see:)) maybe u can teach me something..or maybe i will ! come visit me at ... FriendlyFlirts(.COM) ... my user-id there is Makayla-avwj chat soon on cam
:)
tpoxouzlo

Archived