What's your next buy in the near future?

KATMAN

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll probably get these this week:

Boss ME-70

Boss TU-2

Behringer GI100

In the distant future (ok, maybe end of 2009 or early 2010)

1. A tube amp between 15 and 30 watts....maybe an AC30 or AC15 combo, maybe the soon to be release Vox Night Train (15 watts) or Egnater head (20 watts), maybe a Fender combo.... I want very nice cleans...

2. A semi-hollow guitar... Ibanez Artcores are looking good

3. In a couple of years... a two humbucker guitar, could be an Gibson LP, Gibson SG, ESP (LP style) or PRS (LP style or the new Starla)... I need to try them all first.

4. I also want a a new drum module (TD-20) and a new set of Hi Hats for the acoustic drum set...

DAMN YOU HARMONY CENTRAL FOR GIVING ME SO MUCH G.A.S.

:cop:

• Members

The next two things I want to line up are pickup upgrades for two of my guitars and just a couple general upgrades to round them out... Big trem blocks, better saddles, new tuners. Things like that. I have an older Korean Epi LP that needs better pickups. I was thinking of going with Gibsons, but I put a set of Classic 57s in another guitar so maybe I'l go for something slightly beefier. Maybe the GFS VEH in the bridge and a Alnico II in the neck. If I bond with the other guitar, I think I'll go with BG Pure 90s for it.

And I want to get either a Barber Direct Drive or an LTD. Maybe the Low Gain version of the DD.

For bigger dollar stuff, I'd like to get a JTM45 or Plexi clone sometime this year.

As for actual guitars... I'm not really jonesin' for much. Wouldn't mind geting a Mosrite copy if the right deal comes along. Kind of on the back back burner, I wouldn't mind getting an Xaviere XV550 in natural. I actually have about 8 guitars I should get rid of rather than getting more.

• Members

Here's my wish list for the near/distant future:

- A baritone neck for my project Strat (soon, soon!)

- A one-piece alder body for my Strat (right now, the dull-sounding stock body is the weakest link)

- Parts for that Tele my friend is threatening to build for me.

- Parts for that Tele bass my friend is threatening to build for my wife.

- Some kind of maple neck Strat (preferably with a black body).

- A Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin (Cognac burst for preference)

- A resonator of some kind.

- A higher wattage Fender amp (something around the 40 watt range). Not sure about the dirty tones, but the Fender Bandmaster VM's clean tones are delicious! :love:

• Members

Eh, eh!

Just put 1st down payment yesterday on a black rockerverb 50 head & black matching PPC212..........

Finally my 1st tube amp on the way!!!!

And got one of crappiest made in china ukele. For the road.

Am gonna seriously start looking into guitar kit too. Perhaps a HSH with floyd rose & coil split - want to make it a fairly polyvalent guitar. Either that or I'll have to make 2 guitars!!!!!!!!!

Archived