Are there any 3-peice heavy metal bands?

Bert-O-325

• Members

Are there any 3-piece Heavy Metal bands? I'd like to hear some, please - can you point me to some?

(I expect that there are - but all of the Metal bands I know of are Two Guitars, Bass, Drums)

Thrash-, or Speed-, or Death-, whichever-Metal.

Three piece: Guitar, Bass, Drums - no separate vocalist.

Thanks! :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a good question.

Melvins?

Prong?

Not sure, there seems to have been a few different members here and there for these bands.

Okay - interesting! Checkin' em all out now (I've heard of Motorhead and Triumph, but never thought of them as "Heavy Metal" - I'd always lumped Motorhead into "Old-school Hard Rock" like Black Sabbath, and Triumph into "Prog-rock" like Rush. ...which, I guess, only goes to show that I shouldn't go pigeon-holing bands into label-boxes!!)

i guess when I posted, I was thinking more of "Modern Heavy Metal" - think "th' BROOTuhls!" like Slayer or Sepultra - but, again, I needn't be so narrow. The varietous palate is good. (khrist, that sounded pretentious, didn't it?)

GOt any more?

• Members

Lots of good stuff here! Thanks everyone!

('course, I've a sneaking suspicion that some of the studio tunes I'm listening to have more than one guitar track dubbed in (shifty-eyes) - but hey, its all good)

I really dig that "Seven Gates Of Hell" by Venom tune! and Blotted Science just blows me away! and I agree, Coroner is, indeed, awesome! Its all pretty awesome, in fact. Got more to listen to, yet!

- thats a really wide gamut there: from Motorhead to Blue Cheer to Venom to Emperor to Grand Magus to Blotted Science... a LOT of ground to cover!

(I had actually worried about asking - for fear I'd get ripped for, I dunno, looking like a wet-behind-the-ears noob or something - but now I'm really glad I went ahead and posted the thread! I'm really enthused with all the new stuff I'm checkin out!)

And I've definitely answered my own curiosity: "Yes, Virginia, it IS possible to do real brootahl Metal with only one bass, one guitar, and drums!"

Got any more?

Archived