new zoomH2 + clip

Alchemist

• Members

Just picked this up and I have to say I am quite impressed at the convenience to quality to price ratio thus far.... great little tool to have around IMO

012-3.jpg

I did do a quick clip but I have nowhere to host it, still trying to figure that out.... waiting for soundclick to clear me :idk:

edit: clip:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=948034

• Members

Since Zoom recorders came up I have the latest the H4N, full review with lots of sample recording here: Zoom H4N Review

I just bought a 16 gig card for it and some eneloop batteries. My plan is to load up the multitrack section (it does 4 track recording) with drum tracks and bass-stuff and have it ready to go for jamming.

I was leery of the Zoom products until I got the H4N.

• Members

Sounds pretty good. What kind of mic is it (condensor, dynamic)? Larrivees are great guitars, my friend has one of the more inexpensive dreads they make and it compared favorably to similar Martins and Taylors. Soundwise it seems to fall right in between the two, warmer and richer than the Taylors but a bit brighter and clearer on the top end than the Martins which are very warm.

• Members
here is the clip as promised.... havent played around with the settings, so this is just a turn it on and record with my larrivee..... sounds alright to me (the sound not the playing lol)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=948034

Nice clip. You sure can switch keys pretty quick! :D

I also have the Zoom H2 and I use it to record big band rehearsals. Without it, I'd have a hard time practicing between rehearsals. A very good tool for that.

• Members

Cool! Your clip sounded awesome to me!

I got one (H2) a couple weeks ago and I've been recording all my gigs and rehearsals with it.

I'm probably gonna wear that thing out!! If I do.... it will give me a good excuse to by the H4n.

I have found that I can record in MP3 320mbps mode and it sounds as good as one of the higher .wav recording modes. And that way I can get 13 hours of excellent quality recording on a 2GB card. :thu:

• Members
Nice clip. You sure can switch keys pretty quick!
:D

I also have the Zoom H2 and I use it to record big band rehearsals. Without it, I'd have a hard time practicing between rehearsals. A very good tool for that.

lol thanks, I was just weaving through patterns hence all the key changes lol

I've got other proper recording gear, but was wanting something quick and simple and I have to say I like this little thing....great for capturing ideas when rehearsing or just jamming

Archived