updated rig pic (post yours as well)

Alchemist

• Members

DSCF2452.jpg

I was very gear-conscious over the past year... I sold off a Gibson les paul and got my hands on a modest Tele, which I modded the hell out of.

The Crate V50 sounds so damn sweet, and it's the perfect platform for pedals...

FX is where I put most of my attention lately. I got rid of all the cheap shit, the badly-buffered stuff, and the excess junk I never use.. some well-timed special sales allowed me to get this rig together on teh cheep. It took a LONG time, but I'm finally happy with my rig.

Once I sell some more old gear, I'll be getting a proper fuzz, likely a Devi Ever.

Here's what I did:

Distortion: was using a Metal Muff, Little Big Muff, and DS-1. Sold them all. The Crunch Box is tastefully balanced high-gain tone, and the Blues Pro does very smooth overdrive. True bypass! The metal muff was way too nasal (almost sounded like a joke), the little big muff was flat-sounding, and the DS-1... well, it was a DS-1.

Got the EHX LPB1 for solo boosts... this is invaluable during gigs.

Delay: was using a Digidelay, which was fine. But, the EHX SMMH blows it away. I don't use loopers, so I don't care about that feature.. but the echo modes are very, very sweet. Gonna sell the digidelay.

I also had a Crybaby (yup, tonesucker when bypassed, and it was also more of a "weh" than a "wah"), and Dunlop Volume pedal (I have no use for it).

Archived