Replacing pots on a stratocaster?

ryanwekwert

• Members

Ok so I was wondering if this a solid idea. I hear it really brings a "better" tone when upgrading the tone and volume pots. Has anyone done this? Seems like an easy change out just wondering what it really does to the guitar tone wise. I've never updated my guitars I like them as is really. Stratocasters are perfect so I don't want to go to nuts with changing things.

• Members

the stratocaster im thinking about doing it with is a 2003 Fat Stratocaster. Its my number one guitar pretty much. Sounds great, little beat up but plays like a dream. I have to play it less due to the fret ware notes are starting to buzz and its pretty sad that I cant play it as much. I'm buying a 60's stratocaster and an American so I'm hoping I don't have to replace anything. Does it make a sonic difference?

• Members

the stratocaster im thinking about doing it with is a 2003 Fat Stratocaster. Its my number one guitar pretty much. Sounds great, little beat up but plays like a dream. I have to play it less due to the fret ware notes are starting to buzz and its pretty sad that I cant play it as much. I'm buying a 60's stratocaster and an American so I'm hoping I don't have to replace anything. Does it make a sonic difference?

Your probably fine as far as the pots go. The difference the pots make will pale in comparison to your frets situation. Most likely just needs a quickly level and dress and it will play just as well as when you got it, if not better.

Archived