Question's on Rondo guitars?

thunder100

• Members

Hi

I come here from annother threat

Does anybody play a Rondo guitar(Strat)?

If so how are they?

To what do they compare?

(I have no idea but i want to look in their custom section.No way to play one over here.And still as a big Fender fan their prices run out of my willingness to pay)

Squier China

or

Squier CV

or

MIM

or whatelse?

Does anybody make a custom order yet?

thanks for enlighting me

Roland

(You may wonder but i seriously look in this options.The main issues of a guitar in first place is wood and precision of work(preparde to be flamed).Also a chinese Squier is not too bad in this 2 categories the rest is horrible.But you always can change,tuners,pickups strings easily and it seems that US fender is a bit short of real good wood(other diection I look is Warmoth)

• Members

Rondo?

What's Rondo? Is it Asian or what? You mean Ron-Do? Like Tae Kwon Do? Karate-Do?

I've heard MMA is popular now.

Guitars in martial arts?

Saw your (SX)Strat comments in one of the threats.Still look for an STL opinion

But got it so far this way-->if i am preparde to work and dont take the super chepish should be from OK to good

Roland

• Members

I think the general consensus is that they are amazing guitars...for the price. A lot of people have compared them to Squire Strats and said that they prefer the SX. I think that has more to do with the price though.

There are a lot of clips for SX and Agile guitars on YouTube. Here are a few SX Strats:

[YOUTUBE]M4EmH_D-ME8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bb5FWBoai4g[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jygmbfbtU2M[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

I have one of the SX SST57s. If I was in the market for a cheap strat, I would be looking at a Squier, Jay Turser, or Xaviere (guitarfetish.com) instead. SXs get a lot of love around here, but I really don't care for the one I have, even after a complete pickup/electronics upgrade. The body is nice, neck is chunky... OK if you like that profile, but has a half-inch of poly goobed on it. The electronics and hardware are cheap.

• Members

Damn, you caught me.

Reposted for your amusement.

"SX are definitely a good deal.

But be willing to put a bit more money and time into getting them playable.

And perhaps this goes for any guitar.

I anticipate an extra $50 in repairs & setups.

Don't expect perfection or you will be disappointed. If you are lucky you may get a perfect one but odds are against it.

If you are ok with those terms then jump on one.

But if you are one of those people who expect guitars to arrive in a box from China in tune, setup, without needing to change strings, etc. don't even bother."

• Moderators

Hi

I come here from annother threat

Does anybody play a Rondo guitar(Strat)?

Are you referring to SX, Agile or Douglas guitars

SX Strats are ok, playable but need work

There were some good Agile Strats, about MIM standard, and Douglas aren't worth bothering about

The Agile Strats that got good kudos from Fender players were the ST1000s

All I see there now is an ST802, which looks like dog's droppings

Where in the world are you and what exactly are you looking for. I see you already have some decent Fenders:confused:

• Members

Hi

Thanks

I did search(not too long) and couldn find many SX reports:wave:

Just this thread explained me that SX is a brand as Agile under the Rondo umbrella:idea:-->I am in SX(STL)

Actually I am gasing for my first ever Tele.And as I only can compare Strats this was my starting point.I (wildly) guess that they would not manufacturer any of there guitars very different.I have a real CS Strat and after little trying in shops (much less density here in Europe)I am thinking about a to get a Tele.As I am not sure I dont want to spend a million but ,then again the guitar shouldnt take away the fun right in the beginning(and I need beauty in tone & apperance).Maybe I still end up with a MIM Tele or a Squier VM.But I give Rondo a serious thought

Thanks again

Roland

• Moderators

Maybe I still end up with a MIM Tele or a Squier VM.But I give Rondo a serious thought

I wouldn't bother Roland, you can get SX from Spanish dealers as that is where the brand is from, and the Squier VM is better than SX,and by the time you import an Agile from the US it's no bargain. The VM is a better bet.

Where in Europe are you?

If you want a top notch Tele for a decent price look up Levinson Blade Delta Series

http://www.bladeguitars.com/models/delta_standard.html

A hell of a guitar, above MIM quality, mostly sourced from Asian parts, assembled in Japan and QC'd in Switzerland.

Here's one

Another European option is Vintage, as distributed by John Hornby Skewes. And teh Vintage Advance range has a few Teles in too

• Members

Are you referring to SX, Agile or Douglas guitars

SX Strats are ok, playable but need work

There were some good Agile Strats, about MIM standard, and Douglas aren't worth bothering about

The Agile Strats that got good kudos from Fender players were the ST1000s

All I see there now is an ST802, which looks like dog's droppings

Where in the world are you and what exactly are you looking for. I see you already have some decent Fenders:confused:

Douglas guitars are actually a little better than SX.

They are similar in build quality, with slightly better components (ex; some Douglas guitars come with grovers)

• Members

I think the Douglas and SX are garbage. The Agiles are good.

Agiles are better but, Douglas and SX is about the same quality as any other stuff you can get at guitar center for around $300 and under.

Archived