Finally, a real SG

luke978

• Members

Luke,

Ha Ha. Your situation was kind of like mine. I got my first Gibson - also an SG last Sunday. I usually go for low to mid end guitars.

- W

Congrats bro, and thanks.

As you can see, I've been an chinese guitar whore for a while.

• Members

HNGD and welcome to the club! Wear that neck in and you might not ever go back...

You're exactly right about the neck. I had a faded Flying V for a while, and while I didn't like the realy skinny neck profile, I loved how the finish buffed out over time.

• Members
I have that exact guitar, finish and all. I thought the same thing about the pickups as you - swapped out the bridge 490T for the 498T outta my LP Studio and voila! Beautiful. I also dressed mine up a touch with "proper" SG knobs, P/U covers and truss rod cover - looks swank!

I've been thinking about installing those exact same mods to mine. I'll have to check out the 498T. I'm a little wary of changing out the 490 though. I'd hate to loose the articulation.......:confused:

With my skillz, I needs a nice clear pickup to highlight my unintentionally muted notes, off-key bends, nervous/twitchy vibrato, and gratuitous pinch harmonics...that {censored}'s important, yo...:facepalm:

• Members
I've been thinking about installing those exact same mods to mine. I'll have to check out the 498T. I'm a little wary of changing out the 490 though. I'd hate to loose the articulation.......
:confused:

With my skillz, I needs a nice clear pickup to highlight my unintentionally muted notes, off-key bends, nervous/twitchy vibrato, and gratuitous pinch harmonics...that {censored}'s important, yo...
:facepalm:

I have a 57 Classic Plus in the bridge of mine, looks great... and just speaks in that guitar.

I found the 490's to be a touch harsh, particularly the bridge.

Archived