My first build thread!

IPlayMetronome

• Members

its kinda half assed cuz my camera went out on me during the the hardware and wiring.All the cavities and entire pickguard are shielded with copper tape.Including a strip under the bridge that worked perfect for grounding it.No soldering to the bridge for me:idea:

Sustain of Spinal Tap proportions. :rawk:

It turned out really well and i'll be doing a tele build soon.

All my hardware came from Guitar Fetish and everything was really solid,including the pickups.Crunchy Rails and P-90 both sound great.At least until i can get a hold of some Bare Knuckle's

Warmoth Split Jazzmaster Mahogany

DSCN0328.jpg

Warmoth Neck Birdseye Maple and Malagasy Rosewood w/ Stainless frets,graphite nut.Beautiful neck from their instock's.$188,before shipping,not bad for a fine piece of maple.

Tung oiled and sanded to 2000 grit.Smoothest neck i've ever played,no sticky gloss.A little thinner than i expected but comfy.Fret work is excellent and i see no need for any additional dressing

DSCN0349-1.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

DSCN0346.jpg

For paint,i skipped the grain fill.I just wanted a really thin finish.The body feels textured from the grain but its still pretty smooth and kinda semi gloss.Looks like a penny,which is what i was going for.

DSCN0331.jpg

DSCN0335.jpg

Nice,tight neck pocket.I'm glad i taped it off during paint,or i would have needed to sand it down.

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

• Members

It ended up just under $700:eek:

It's easy to justify given the cost of all Jazzmasters now:facepalm: That being said I could have done it for about 200 less than that by nixing a few options(stainless frets,installed nut etc.)and changing some hardware specs.Next build should be much cheaper.

The biggest expense was having the body routed for a Tele bridge,it's not in the programming so they had to drill it by hand so the body came to $255.

all the finishing materials came to about $100 of which i have plenty left over for more projects.Also i kinda bought things in spurts,so shipping accounted for a good chunk.I'm very satisfied with it though ,its one of a kind,plays perfectly,versatile sounds.

Archived