Scrambled Eggs

nat whilk II

• Members

Daniel Boulud's takes on scrambled eggs, a tuna sandwich, and mac & cheese:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D07E1DB113FF93BA35757C0A9679C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

I don't often use the double-boiler method because my wife & kids prefer eggs cooked until very dry in a frying pan with high heat. I make theirs separately from mine.

Gordon Ramsey's version.

That Gordon Ramsey method is interesting, John. I'm going to try it this weekend.

• Members

I'm sorry but for me that's a good description for making an omelet.

Say what? Dude...an omelet sits in the pan, and becomes solid.

There is nothing just sitting, ever, in the pan when I make scrambled eggs.

A response like that makes you look like you didn't even read the post.

• Members

Scrambled eggs

Cooked while listening to Dixie Dregs

Add paprika but don't use nutmeg

Oh, I will eat, these scrambled eggs

Suddenly

There's an omelette when I add some cheese

Throw some onion in and mushroom please

Oh scrambled eggs cooked suddenly

Is there any doubt that you're a gifted wordsmith, worthy of any accolades bestowed upon you? Anyone in need of advertising prose, marketing, or website catchphrases should be honored to work with you. Or, uh, make breakfast with you.

I whisk the eggs, with a bit of milk in a separate bowl until they're well blended and frothy. I cook them over a low heat until they're done - which is when they're still moist - not runny, not dried out.

As for pan / prep, I prefer a non-stick pan, greased with either real butter, or bacon grease. I occasionally add grated cheese to my scrambled eggs. If it's an omelet, I like to add bacon, avocado and cheese, and top it with more grated cheese, sour cream, and salsa.

• Members

Say what? Dude...an omelet
sits
in the pan, and becomes solid.

There is nothing just sitting,
ever
, in the pan when I make scrambled eggs.

A response like that makes you look like you didn't even read the post.

I think Jon just means that the setting temp and possibly the adjuncts are more that he expects to find in an omelette shell for his tastes/style of cooking

Eggs (well scrambles, esp as it's kind of a whole body of technique rather than just one cooking method - but even the hard boil has its adherence to various techniques too) are sort of like rigging, or packing, or file organization - Each person has the way they do it...and the rest are CRAP! Crap I say!

ah eggs, so delicious, so divisive!

Archived