Danelectro Dead On 67

JMR

• Members

since they only play pedals in the effects section where I posted this originally....

Since it's coming out this month, I decided it's thread time.

I'm look forward to playing one in GC sometime soon. It's like the custom jazzmaster in my head, except mine had p-90 and split coil

guitar_main.jpg

Dead On '67 Guitar

C-shaped neck

21 frets

Nut width 1.750

• Members

the vibrato doesn't go much more than a step. The cost is somewhere less than 400, so it's not a big deal to install a different bridge and I'm sure there are pickgaurds that fit if you don't liek the one that it comes with or want to use humbuckers. You could probably do all that for less than 200.

• Members

the vibrato doesn't go much more than a step. The cost is somewhere less than 400, so it's not a big deal to install a different bridge and I'm sure there are pickgaurds that fit if you don't liek the one that it comes with or want to use humbuckers. You could probably do all that for less than 200.

why would you buy a reissue just to modify it?

• Members

dual non matching pickguard... no.

I noticed the same thing. It looks horrible like that. And I don't like that bridge with the little piece of rosewood. I had a 59-DC and the hole on the piece of rosewood was stripped and it was useless after that.

Pretty sweet otherwise. I like the limey.

• Members

FWIW the "Hornet" model was originally the Sivertone Amp-In-Case they sold last year as the '63 IIRC. This one they're calling the "Dead on 67" originally sold as the Coral "Wasp."

Naming conventions aside, they are cool and a nice addition to Evets line of reissues.

Archived