N-LPJr-D

blind radish

• Members

I just love this guitar. First axe I have purchased in 2 years, and it sounds great. I had the Billy Joe Armstrong Junior ... but sold it. It didn't do much for my, and for a price around $1,000.

Been lying in the weeds watching these RIs -- this is the 2000 model, with a sprague tone cap.

Bought it on the bay for $565 -- which I think is a pretty good price. Sound great through by Blues Deluxe, Crate Vintage Club, or my Fender Champ XD

it's got some battle scars, but who cares about that .... It's lively, properly intonated, harmonic and light as a feather.

The neck's not to chunky, but there is heft in the hand.

junior.jpg

• Members

And it's a slant tail!!

My personal preference, but I don't like wraptails with compensation ridges. I love rounded smooth wraptails, and without those ridges, it has to be installed slanted (slightly longer string length on wound strings than plain strings) to get a better approximate intonation.

Intonation is easily good enough with a slant tail unless there's something wrong with the guitar. C.F. Martins are slant tails. I've never heard anyone bitch about intonation on a D-45.

Archived