Brian May Guitar Burns vs BMG

jtr654

• Members

I tried both today and will probably buy one. The only difference was the extra pickgaurd below the trem , the neck profile was slightly different and the trem was a completely different unit. Has anyone owned or played both the trem on the Burns had no visible height ajustment the BMG has normal ajustment screws. Is there any other differences that I should be aware of thanks? What kind of Trem unit is on the Burns?

• Members

There's also Aslin Dane, who used to have a deal with Brian May which has ended -
but they still sell the guitars, called the
Bohemian
Among their versions is a triple P-90 hardtail version - go figure.

AslinDaneBohemianP901.jpg

Wow, isn't that a little blatant? How do they get away with it?

• Members

BrianMayweb.jpg

i might kill a hobo for this guitar.. can't actually help with your question though. I saw The Sounds play in westchester a couple months ago though and the main guit player was playing one of the old guild BM models- had some great tonez and I've been intrigued by them since... perhaps on my list of guitars to get (after a tele, 12 string ric, firebird, and another acoustic lol)

• Members

Wow, isn't that a little blatant? How do they get away with it?

Found this little nugget of info about Aslin Dane: "The line was introduced and marketed in the late 1990s by David Burns Musical Instruments, Inc."

So, if it's a subsidiary of Burns, and Burns has deals with Brian May, that may be how they do it, as long as they don't use the Brian May name, perhaps?

• Members

Found this little nugget of info about Aslin Dane: "The line was introduced and marketed in the late 1990s by David Burns Musical Instruments, Inc."

So, if it's a subsidiary of Burns, and Burns has deals with Brian May, that may be how they do it, as long as they don't use the Brian May name, perhaps?

Interesting, that's probably why. Bohemian is really cutting it close, but probably just distant enough. Or Brian May could just have a deal for them under the main deal with Burns.

• Members

The owner of Burns passed in 1998 and his name was James Burns, it's currently run by a Barry Gibson.

Aslin Dane's parent company used to be responsible for the distribution of Brian May guitars. I don't know how it compares to the original, I've never seen one in person. It has different pickups, a different fingerboard and is MIC as opposed to MIK.

25. I was just wondering what are the main differences between the new Brian May guitars and the Burns version?

We changed factories to get better build quality, so, yes the guitars are different in that sense. The switches are white, the tremolo is slightly different, the truss plate cover now matches the pick guard and the half moon plate on the tail has been added.

The current 2009 production model also comes with a Wilkinson vibrato for added tuning stability.

61754BMG_2009_025.jpg

Archived