So it looks like I'm in the need of a couple new pickups! (strat & tele)

Electric Monk

• Members

First and foremost, I'm thinking of a Lindy Fralin tele bridge pickup. I need something lower-output that'll put the twang back in my Tele, because to be honest, the texas specials don't have much. I know, should've seen it coming when I bought them. The neck pickup is fantastic, though, I know I'm keeping that.

But I also definitely need a new neck (and maybe middle) pickup for my strat. I played my first electric gig the other day of decent volume (everything before this has been pretty mellow stuff) and my neck pickup... well, it sounded awful. I see the word 'articulate' used to describe neck pickups a lot, and it's the last thing I'd use to describe it. Indistinct. Nowhere near the Hendrix or SRV tone I'm looking for.

So what should I look at? I looked at Texas Specials first, because they're in the knopfler and SRV strats, but I'm open to suggestions.

• Members

Yep, he could send the neck pup he really likes and BG would calibrate a bridge pup to match.

This is true. Actually you don't need to send it to me if you can give me a little info that I would need to match the bridge. I can custom wind a bridge to do just what you want.

For your strat I'd checkout my Vintage 60 strat neck. It offers that classic strat sound ala SRV, Hendrix,Clapton..etc.

Clips and info can be found at www,bg-pups.com/sc.html

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Thanks,

Bryan Gunsher

BG Pups

Archived