So..I built my first guitar cab.

Steve the Hero

• Members

And due to popular demand it won't be my last. A few of my buddies tried this thing and were blown away. I have 5 people in line for a custom build!

Based loosely off an Orange 4x12 in size I built this 2x15 to add some meaty lows to my sound. I gotta figure out how I can do some comparative clips to show the sound quality.

Here is the first of Karp Cabinets, something I nicknamed "The Largemouth Bass"

DSC03290.jpg

DSC03291.jpg

DSC03294.jpg

What'dya think?

• Members

Did this with just 45 degree angles and some bracing, the front "frame" is solid oak and has biscuit joints. I used 3/4" cabinet grade oak for the cab for this one, my next cab is going to be a 6x12 out of birch. As far as "tuning" the cab I didn't really do anything except build it. I guess it just sounds good to my amateur ear. I will look into that for future builds though. Thanks for the input so far!

• Members

{censored}ing hell a 2x15
:love:

and youre gonna build a 6x12

pm me prices immediatly k thx
:)

Hahah I'll be cheaper than Emperor thats for sure! :cop:

Get in touch with me via one of the following and we'll see if you're truly interested, I can't take on too much work, school time is approaching fast!

www.myspace.com/karpcabinets

or email smkarpik@yahoo.com

• Members

Hahah I'll be cheaper than Emperor thats for sure!
:cop:
Get in touch with me via one of the following and we'll see if you're truly interested, I can't take on too much work, school time is approaching fast!

www.myspace.com/karpcabinets

or email
smkarpik@yahoo.com

Emperor's cabinet prices are {censored}ing ridiculous - my friend and I are building an 8x10 bass cab at about 1/2 the cost with the same materials.

Your cabinet looks great, I can't wait to see the next one :thu:

Archived