I love you guys ;)

GGWise47

• Members

Well yesterday as some of you know I posted a happy new amp order day thread that was pretty sucsessful! (in a bad way)

I ordered BOTH bugera's (6262, 333xl) last night but as I read through the whole funny thread, I gave in with all your pessimest commments!!!

Guess what................

I CANCELLED THE ORDER.

BECAUSE OF YOU.

I decided to get a peavey 6505 but don't know which one. + or not.

People who have played both versions, tell me the differences.

GOD!!! I F***ING LOVE you guys!!!

• Members

James Brown designed the 5150 and 5150 II with EVH. The 6505s are the same circuitry. He also designed the XXX and the JSX. Now James Brown works for Kustom, and he designed the new Double Cross, which he says is the best amp hes ever built.

This main thing with the amp is the following:

"Having worked on high-gain amps for years, I always noticed how adding more gain usually causes so much compression that you lose all your dynamics and note definition," explains James Brown. "Although the Double Cross offers tremendous amounts of gain and distortion, it adds the extra tubes in a new way that doesn't change your dynamics or sacrifice the touch sensitivity, regardless of the amp's settings."

http://www.doublecrossusa.com/main.asp

I'm kind of a huge Kustom fan boy, I have a Coupe 36, love the tones, had a problem with my amp, their customer service was amazing to me, and I don't have a warranty. :D

• Members

For about $1,000 you can have both a 6L6 based amp and a hot-rodded EL34 based amp. I don't personally think there is anything inherently wrong with Bugera's. Others obviously disagree. You are liable to have problems with any tube amp due to luck... or user error.... or just dumb chance. And if you order through one of the on-line retailers you have at least 2 years of warranty coverage.

Not sure why you let the haters get to ya. I think it is a good choice to have both a 6L6 amp and an EL34 amp without having to do tube swaps on the fly. But that's me and WTF do I know!

BP

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Personally, I would go with the Bugera's. Everyone I've played through has sounded great. And everyone who has heard me play through them or tried one themselves has felt the same.

It's the "brand name" syndrome at work again. People not buying something solely becaudse they've predetermined it's no good, because of what they see, rather what it actually is. Same thing has happened with numerous guitar brands, where the unadventurous slammed the guys who went for tha unknown foreign-made guitar, only to change their mind sometime down the line, when the guys who didn't have these hangups took the plunge...and found out their risk was worth it.

Just because Behringer is behind these, amps don't make the mistake of assuming they're crap. I've owned alot of Behringer products over the years and never had a problem. And each has delivered the goods, for what I invested. IMHO, the Bugeras are a ton of amplifier, regardless of the price.

I'm waiting to the V55HD to hit the stores...

• Members

I've personally seen a Bugera break down in the middle of a live show only a couple months after they were first released. I agree that they sound pretty good but I'd be wary of owning one.

The Peaveys are always a solid, reliable choice.

As for the Double Cross, it's probably awesome but I've never even SEEN one, anywhere :confused:

• Members

Having never used a Bugera, or Double Cross, I can only tell you that out of the 6505, 6505+ , I prefer the 6505. The + isn't As Brutal, somehow it loses something. I personally prefer the 6505 above Rectifiers, JCMs, and pretty much anything else,to me they just Kick-Ass! I've always been a big fan of Kustom, so the Double Cross is probably a Killer amp. VHT makes some Killer amps as well. But for me, the 6505 is the end all amp. :thu: Edit: The 6505 has Incredible headroom, moreso than about any other amp I've played. It has Killer cleans (if you tweak a bit, but I don't play clean anymore. They're not as pristine as Fender amps, but Good Decent cleans), and they bring the Br00tz like no other amp. However much gain you want, it will deliver! And have more on tap! I don't use any OD or dist. pedals anymore, there's no need. It's the kind of amp that lets you hear every little nuance in your playing, good And bad, and will tell you the difference between a Crap guitar and a Killer one. They're built like the proverbial tank, and I have never had Any problem with mine, and I usedto move mine a lot. The only drawback is there is no level on the FX Loop, but I don't use mine anyway, and most pedals have Level controls onboard, so no big loss. Good Luck to you, and don't let haters sway Your opinion. Someone here is going to disagree with whatever your buying, but that's what makes it good man, opinions from both sides of all gear :thu:

Archived