No GAS for a Strat...EVER

pak066

• Members

its all about what feels right.. For example, when I was in the market for an LP, I had a vintage collector come to my house with 3 LPs; a 1976 Standard LP (factory rare), a 1981 Standard LP in Oxblood, and a 1989 LP lite. What did I buy??? None. I ended up buying a half modded, abused, workhorse 1976 Gibson LP Custom from a shop down the road, because it felt better than any of them. Gotta find one you love first.

• Members

I feel exactly the same way about les pauls.

They look fantastic. Classy as hell. They sound balls out. But I just don't like playing them at all. I get the urge to check one out and I'm always like.....nah.

me too. That's why I don't have one.

Strats on the other hand...yummy.

• Members

Why is that? i want to like them. i really do. i love Jimi and Gilmore. love guitarists who play them but have never really wanted one.

Why is this??

Anybody else ever felt this way?

:confused::cry:

hmmm........................................... :idea::idea: I got it! you dont like strats...

:facepalm:

• Members

Playing any guitar, no matter what type it may be, is usually an acquired taste, or one bought because of a need to use that specific guitar for work.

Don't sweat it. I played a lot of Strats before realizing that my favorite was the older style Jeff Beck Strats. However, I have gone through that phase with other styles of guitars as well.

It's just one of life's mysteries!

• Members

I played Strats exclusively for at least my first decade of playing, and I've had more consistent GAS for Strats than anything else since I've been playing. But as of the last couple years, I've lost almost all interest in them, sold most of them, and play the 2 I have left very sparingly. It's weird. This is the first time that I don't have any Strat GAS, and I'm not sure what to make of that.

• Members

Back before I knew anything about guitars, i definitely gas'd over a red Squier... Then I bought an Epiphone and it was all humbuckers from there on out. I recently bought a Tele after being horrified by them for years. Since the red Squier, the only strat I've gas'd over is the David Gilmore sig...

Gilmour2.jpg

• Members

Back before I knew anything about guitars, i definitely gas'd over a red Squier... Then I bought an Epiphone and it was all humbuckers from there on out. I recently bought a Tele after being horrified by them for years. Since the red Squier, the only strat I've gas'd over is the David Gilmore sig...

Gilmour2.jpg

i would like one of these just coz i love pink floyd.

• Members

I have the same problem Pak.

I love loads of music with strat, and keep getting the urge of having one.

I try loads and am invariably disappointed.

Some of them are OK, pretty good instruments in their own right, but I don't like the thinness high strings and over janglyness of the lower strings.

I guess I'll keep trying more of them, but not sure I'll get to like one enough to buy it & play it enough to justify the purchase.

• Members

I hate single coils. Clean they are OK, but with some juice... 'buckers please!

I used to be more of a strat guy, still love my Jackson. But the original strat... as much as I think they are gorgeous I haven't found one that I would buy over an SG, or a Jackson/charvel, or an RG. I think strats are the prettiest out of all of those too! Yet... eh. Now, I remember thinking some of the fender showmaster series... those were pretty awesome.

Archived