Identify EMG pickup?

Druxar

• Members

I have been using my Ibanez RG470 with an 81 bridge 85 neck for years, I removed the stock pickups almost immediately and this guitar had three...two humbuckers with a single in the middle. When I removed them I only put in the two EMGs and left the single center spot empty.

Now I'm going to swap the 81/85 positions and while I'm at it with everything taken apart I found this old EMG pickup that's the size of a single pickup. I bought my 81 on Ebay as part of a strike plate assembly that had that other EMG single sized pickup on it and I left it aside.

Any idea what this EMG single could be, if there were more than one ever designed, and what it would be like - I don't know if it's worth trying to wire it in to test it since for one thing I only have 2 volume pots so I would have to leave this 3rd single pickup on full...etc. Just wondered if anyone knows anything about it.

• Members

The problem with identifying it is the logo is almost fully rubbed off and I can't tell if it was gold, silver, or otherwise, and there's no stickers or other writing as far as I can remember without having it in front of me right now. It's just a perfectly sealed up black pickup. I guess I'll just give it a shot when I decide on the wiring.

Archived