Peavey Bandit 75 Make Over - Spray Paint Rules!

Woody_in_MN

• Members

I actually did the work on this a few months ago, but just got the energy to post it today. I got this Bandit 75 for around $100 as I recall. Here was the condition when I got it:

PEAVEY_1.JPG

PEAVEY_2.JPG

I partly disassembled it, and cleaned it with soap and water. It was filthy. Next I wanted to re-do the finish on the cabinet. First tried leather stain, but found that too glossy. I redid the cabinet with flat black paint. I also bought some new corners and installed them. Here is how it came out.

PEAVEY_3.JPG

PEAVEY_4.JPG

BTW - the speaker and electronics are fine, and everthing works.

- w

• Members

Yeah...my studioPro is a badass amp for SS - but I changed the speaker to an eminence Red White and Blues...really warmed it up...

I had a Studio Pro. I loved that amp. It had great and LOUD cleans. I sold it too the singer in the band I was in.

• Members

No. I'm not bog on that logo.

- w

I don't know man, a Peavey without the logo......something not natural about that. :poke:

Nice job with the clean up btw- I 've never had a Peavey that you couldn't practically kick down a flight of stairs and still plug in and play. Can't beat that for $100.

• Members

I dig it, but it looks all wrong without the pointy logo on it. You should point that logo a cool color, and put it back on!

Wrong. Removal of the ass-ugly Peavey logo was the best thing that ever happened to that amp. :p

Archived