Judas Priest ---> Killer! Whitesnake---> Fail!

docjeffrey

• Members

I just got this in my email:

It is with deep regret that we have to announce that WHITESNAKE will unfortunately not be able to continue on the remainder of our tour in the US - David Coverdale is suffering from very severe throat problems and is under strict doctor''s orders to stop singing immediately or could do serious damage to his vocal chords. We are very sorry - we loved having WHITESNAKE out with us and we wish David a very speedy recovery.

Judas Priest

• Members

I really loved Stained Class but you never hear those songs from Priest........

If'n I hear Breaking the Law one more time I think I'll gag......

funny I love everything up to British Steel, that is where they finalized their "formula" and became cheesy. sure they were heavy as hell but it was still cheesy. sin after sin = 1 stained class =2

• Members

I really like Whitesnake, and Coverdale can wail with the best of them. I also like a couple of songs from Priest, but they only had like 2 hits max. and how could you not be a fan of whitesnake in the 80's, when Tawny spread herself all over everything. I know as a 12-14 year old boy, that was a VERY nice image in front of some great music.

Soundgarden, I like, Nirvana and Pearl Jam killed music for a long time. I am so sick of Kurt Cobain and all of Pearl Jam's political views. Who cares!

• Members

I was at the show too.My first show at Red Rocks.What a great venue. :thu:

Priest put on a great show.I missed the opening band.

I'll be at the Heaven and Hell show tomorrow night.I don't think I'll have luck with the weather on that show.

• Members

Saw same show in Costa Mesa, felt bad for Coverdale, his voice is shot. One of the few true vocalist in rock. When he was in Deep Purple he showed he could hang with the best. JP is good, I can think of many rock bands that blow them out of the water, but no complaints, above average rock.

• Members

Saw same show in Costa Mesa, felt bad for Coverdale, his voice is shot. One of the few true vocalist in rock. When he was in Deep Purple he showed he could hang with the best. JP is good, I can think of many rock bands that blow them out of the water, but no complaints, above average rock.

Jorn Lande... 35 seconds in...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

i get whitesnake confuse with kix, warrent, cinderella, poison, stryper, and winger.

grunge was the cure for that long haired frat rock.

Just as punk rock was the cure for some of the glam stuff in the 70's... on both occasions it was a welcome change, but that doesn't mean everything from the previous era sucked.

And, the best of the grunge lot, IMO, was the bands that stood close to metal (Alice In Chains and Soundgarden). To be honest, I don't really see why grunge was compared to punk rock - that is, historic paralels are obvious but the music of Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots doesn't really have much to do with punk rock... more like metal with some alternative rock and depressive lyrics.