Check out my music room.

kit_strong

• Members

Our new furniture came in last night and my music room is finally coming together and I'm so pleased with how its turning out that I had to share. So I snapped some pictures last night and just got done resizing and uploading them.

I'll probably take a few more this afternoon if the sun comes out because I think the photos will come out better with natural light. But these will work.

A bit of background and then on with the picture show.

On April 30th we moved from our rental house in Columbia to our new house in Catonsville. Prior to moving we had already made the decision that the front living room was going to be an entertaining/jam space (yes, my wife is the coolest) but its taken awhile to get there (and its still not quite complete).

The goal was to create a space that is warm, welcoming, and conducive to just sitting down and jamming.

First up was painting which we knocked out pretty quickly but the next step was finding the right furniture. While searching Etsy for benches I discovered Lunar Lounge Design who had exactly what I was looking for.

A quick consultation with the better half and I placed my order.

The lead time ended up being a bit longer than I had expected and while there were times I thought the space would never be complete I think the end results were worth the wait.

Ok, enough with the inane chatter, on with the show.

Standing at the stairway, looking down the room.

LivingRoom5_sm.jpg

Looking back towards the stairwell.

LivingRoom6_sm.jpg

The bench that started it all (and a painting in need of proper hanging). Its the perfect height for guitar playing.

LivingRoom1_sm.jpg

The new acoustic currently stands alone.

LivingRoom4_sm.jpg

The good old Ikea shelf.

LivingRoom3_sm.jpg

And last but not least...

Jimi's corner.

JimiCorner1_sm.jpg

JimiCorner_closeup_sm.jpg

What's left to do...

Replace the current wall sconces, get the rest of the window treatments, a bit of touch up paint, pick up a Djembre to add to the mix, add a couple more paintings, and get a new music stand.

Jonathon at Lunar Lounge has already begun working on a design for me.

Hope you enjoyed the show.

-Kit

If I get good daytime pics I'll add them.

• Members

good stuff but a picture of angus young on the wall would be nice ^_^

The next painting will likely be BB King which will go on the wall where the acoustic is sitting.. We'll have room for 1 more painting (in the corner with the guitar/amp) Angus is a contender but I'm leaning more towards Zepplin or perhaps something more modern (maybe Slash since he embodies perhaps the most iconic/easily recognizable image of this generation).

• Members

Sweet....needs a drum kit and a bass rig.......

Yamaha Bass hanging on the ikea shelves (the black one on the far right).

And see the 2 amps stacked in front of the stairs. Bottom one is a Peavey Max 112 Bass combo.

I won't be getting a drum kit but will be adding a Djembre and perhaps some other small hand drums.

• Members

can you tell me about that Handsome Devil?

I didn't think I posted any pictures of me:lol:

That's a little Giant, not as Handsome Devil. Nice amp for the price but I'm not too keen on how it sounds with my Virage.

At the moment I'm really torn between getting a Blues Jr or just holding off a bit longer and getting something a bit nicer (65 Amps Lil Elvis seems perfect for me).

• Members

That's a really cool room. I don't know if you designed the room around the guitars, but the Lunas, Vox and Reverend actually fit the vibe really well; A lot better than a Strat or SG would...

I think it all just reflects my tastes. I truly appreciate the versatility of Strats and I dig the tones of SGs but aesthetically I'm not that interested in either one. SG's in particular I actually find very unattractive. I think its the symmetry of them. I'm not a fan of most double cut LPs either or really any Double cut where the horns are identical.

The Yamaha bass isn't the most visually pleasing for me but I wanted a light bass and I got a killer deal on it. Although I might have to pick up an Epi Thunderbird bass because it will definitely fit in better.

Being that this is the front room of the house and the first thing anyone sees if they walk in part of the goal was to have it look a bit 'organic'. I think I pulled it off pretty well, now if we can just continue to keep it tidy.

It was quite a coincidence that the couch strap I picked up a few weeks back really goes with the new boomerang end tables I received yesterday so puttinf the Reverend in the corner like that seemed like the ideal placement to help kind of pull the colors together.

• Members

Nothing nicer than having your own music room in your own HOME to better enjoy it in!

I just finished re-doing mine (only a spare bedroom), and it is SO much nicer having everything in place & organized.

Congrats :thu:

• Members

My wife painted those, along with the Abbey Rd painting above the fireplace. Now I just have to persuade her to do 2 or 3 more to finish off the room.

It would help if you just paid her her standard rate for commissioned work...

Archived