No pay 1 year Musicians Friend Credit Card Beware!

kulardenu

• Members
I bought a couple Fenders over Christmas using the no interest one year credit card. I set it up to be the amount due divided by 11 to monthly auto pay from my bank account with over a weeks payment in advance. At the July 2nd due date that this auto pay should have arrived well in advance of I just looked at my recent statement & noticed there were late charges. I called to find they did not post to my account until the 7th. I believe they pushed aside some of their billing until after the Holiday and I get screwed for a late charge that compounds that the next moth cycle my min payment required went from 1/2 of what I was paying to 3 dollars over my payment again resulting in a late charge.

Bottom line is buyer beware & they are losing my business because of this!
:mad:

I have major problems with them about a year ago. Bought a guitar and returned it. Several months later, they had not refunded the money to my account, and had charged me several late fees. Long story short, after a LONG time on the phone, they got it straightened out...and I closed my account...:wave:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

seems a lot of the credit card companies are manipulating their posting dates and processing times to create late fees now to create capital to keep their companies afloat. It's a shameful practice but nonetheless they seem to do it, especially to the younger folks. They don't seem to do it to their more experienced customers from what I've seen. I think most of us forget the credit card companies love the late fees. After all they're in business to make money. I guess the normal 20 + % APR they're charging just isn't enough right now...;)

• Members

Being "rich" is relative. Being able to pay cash for a 2100 sq ft house w/ shop with cash in my area makes you rich in my area. Perhaps you got lucky on investments, had a free ride in college, sold a business you started for a nice profit, or live extremely frugally but your story is not in anyway the average and I would say is on the exceptional side of the norm.

its not luck and i didnt go to college. like i said i started with nothing. i went offshore and worked. i learned the trade and advanced in the company quickly.

if your not afraid of working your ass off for a few years, it can be done by anyone. i bought my first house when i was 19 for 10,000. fixed it up and turned it 3 years later for 105,000, payed the loan off and bought 2 more houses. it helps that i can do all ALL the work myself for 70% less than a contractor because all i have is material costs. I also restore classic car and build hot rods (not rat rods) and sell them. on avg i spend 10-15g and sell for 20-50g again i learned to do the work myself. i invest my money and it makes more money. i bought this house and my shiny new red dodge off this quarters interest.

Archived