Beware the Lemur

• Members

A friend of mine bought one of these, and tonight I watched him use it live for the first time....Him, a macbook and this, rocking the house...The thing is amazing. It is like giant programmable iPod touch with controller functions...

Is any one else using one? Is there a down side that I am not seeing other than the price, which considering the gear it can replace, is really not that bad..?

• Members

Hmm...but isn't the Lemur, as a potential 'anything' controller, a better value overall? I have watched the vids on the Akai thing, and it is amazing...I guess I think, if the Lemur were $999, most of the things in the $500-$1200 price point would seem silly since the Lemur replaces them....One of the other thoughts I had on it was the company, as in, where were they 5 years ago and will they be here 5 years from now....

• Members

Hmm...but isn't the Lemur, as a potential 'anything' controller, a better value overall?

Yes, but if you use Live, the APC40 is so "fits like a glove" that it really blows away any general-purpose controller. That doesn't take away anything from the Lemur, of course, because it does the general-purpose controller thang so well.

Archived