Seymour Duncan SH14

EzzO)))

• Members

Does anybody here use/have used one of these? I have one in the bridge of my SG. It's been there for about 2 years and I'm kind of on the fence about it. In my opinion its sounds pretty good distorted but kind of lifeless when clean. I've been thinking about switching to a SH6 duncan distortion in the bridge or biting the bullet and getting some vintage vibe P90s. Just wondering what other peoples opinions are.

• Members

Does anybody here use/have used one of these? I have one in the bridge of my SG. It's been there for about 2 years and I'm kind of on the fence about it. In my opinion its sounds pretty good distorted but kind of lifeless when clean. Just wondering what other peoples opinions are.

I'm on the same page with you.

I have one in my ESP EC-400.

69ThinlineESPEC-400001.jpg

From the specs I thought I'd love it, but I also find it to be a bit lifeless.

Yes, its forte does seem to be distortion applications, but even then when I compare its tone against one of my Gibson SGs with the basic 490T, the 490T has significant more definition and vibe, maybe I should say a "more complex tone" going on.

But that's just a sample of one for me. It could be my guitar.

• Members

I pretty sure it's what came standard in my Godin LGX-SA. I put one in my LP Studio and I really like it. It's one of my favorite HB's so far. I def don't have any trouble with cleans or distortions. However if you're unsure try something else. You can always put it back in if you don't like the new pickup. Also what kind of sounds are you going for? That will help with suggestions.

• Members

Hmm, I guess the style of music I play could be defined as very hard rock. Sort of like AC/DC style rythm parts but twice as fast with more modern guitar tone. I use a rockerverb 50 so instead of a cranked vintage marshall so it's not a huge difference in tone (I'm not using a Krank or anything like that). Like I said I think the overdriven sounds are better than the stock SG pup it came with but like I said I find the clean really lacks dynamics. And seems to be quite a bit quieter that SH-2 I have in the neck.

• Members

Does anybody here use/have used one of these? I have one in the bridge of my SG. It's been there for about 2 years and I'm kind of on the fence about it. In my opinion its sounds pretty good distorted but kind of lifeless when clean. I've been thinking about switching to a SH6 duncan distortion in the bridge or biting the bullet and getting some vintage vibe P90s. Just wondering what other peoples opinions are.

Thanks for the post. I play an SH-6 clean, dirty & however I want and it sounds great. It sounds so good that I was tempted to try an SH-14 just to see if it was really 8 better.

Archived