recomended electronic components?

artCOREska

• Members

i have an ibanez ar250, great little budget guitar, but lately i've been reading up and thinking about some new pickups/pots/switch. i'm pretty sold on a tonerider generator for the bridge, and keeping the same neck pickup (i rarely go down that path..), but i'm also wanting to throw in higher quality pots/a new 3 way switch (the one in there is starting to get flakey...) any recomendations/links for those? i looked it up and what's already in there are 500k pots. any difference between the volume/tone pots (linear vs audio taper)? what's a decent brand to go with? is putting in a push pull for a split pickup sort of situation worthwhile?

thanks in advance ;)

• Members

after looking inside one I can say you won't really need the long shaft pots of the guitarpartsresource.com kit,
although if you want to go that way it won't hurt you. just get some extra pot nuts and lockwashers..

500K is standard.. But if you really want to try out the best... buy some of the Gibson 300K pots.

Orange drops are overrated as a cap. if you don't mind spending the few extra bucks. Then Auri-caps high resolution caps are the way to go.

and I never put anything but a switchcraft jack or switch in a guitar. it's worth the few bucks extra.

Archived