Jury rules $1.92 million in download case...

• Members

When big brother restrucures the internet so that things like file stealing get much harder to do we will all pay for the greed and theft of a generation that doesn't value music and doesn't vaule art.

The people have proven that they cannot do the right thing in regards to using new technology that allows them to steal. This is not a cultural shift (as Lefetz suggests) but an ethical and moral shift that says if you can't beat em', join em.

Look, here's the one thing you don't get and you don't seem like you're ever going to get. You can't put the genie back in the box on downloading. The Feds Cant "lock down" their own computers let along lock down the internet and people will not stand for their efforts to do such. There are 12 year olds that can break down and reroute any technology the Govt. PHD's can come up with faster and more efficiently then the comparitively minescule Govt. could ever keep up with. I don't see it ever happening any more the I see file sharing ending. If anything it will proliferate. Music in itself is free now. Sorry. You'll be accepting this eventually. It will be bundled with with other offers as incentive. We have to give more, and be better now because you can't Bull{censored} the Fans anymore. It's called a popular uprising or a movement or whatever you want to call it but you ain't gonna change it. You'll be crying about till the end though instead of trying to innovate your way into a new paradigm. Trent Rezner won't. He'll figure out how to derive income out of this new paradigm. So will counless others. Other's will fall aside and out of music.:wave:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Would you pay $3000 if you didn't feel like you did anything wrong?

I am sure that it cost her far more money to try and defend her self in the case (we do not have the same defendant Tort laws they have in the some other countries).

I am curious who paid all her legal fees on these cases.

• Members

Trent Rezner won't. He'll figure out how to derive income out of this new paradigm. So will counless others. Other's will fall aside and out of music.
:wave:

Beware of using a famous musician to make your argument, because the counter-argument will inevitably be that said famous musician is only successful because he/she made it as a result of the old paradigm, and it wouldn't be nearly as easy if he/she were trying to break through today. Which is actually a pretty good point.

I do get what you're saying, though.

Archived