How are PRS SE Singlecuts?

Electric Monk

• Members

I'm using the Labor Day sale as an excuse to set myself back $600 and foward one guitar.

I've played several PRS's in the past, and generally loved them, especially the necks. I've yet to play a SE for an extended period of time, though - what's the consensus on the singlecuts? I'm pretty sure I'd rather get a single cut than a Custom 22. But, again, I'm not totally sure, I just want to know what people think of the korean SE line.

• Members

I have one, but am selling it. My Edwards LP Custom just has a much thicker, resonant body with a fatter sound (and that's with $200 dollar hand-wound pickups in the PRS)...I also prefer the feel of it over the SE. I only paid $400 bucks for the PRS though. It doesn't stay it tune very well and the electronics and pickups should be swapped if you're serious about getting the most out of it.

• Members

I played through one the best part was the neck. The guitar sounded owfully bad, so i think a set of pickups would be required right of the bat. At any rate for the price its not bad if you thinking of moding it up a little.

• Members

I played through one the best part was the neck. The guitar sounded owfully bad, so i think a set of pickups would be required right of the bat. At any rate for the price its not bad if you thinking of moding it up a little.

Yeah, the neck was the best part for me. The thin body doesn't have much resonance...overall I thought the guitar would be ok, if you swap the pickups and were to use primarily for rhythm playing...for leads it sounded a bit thin, even after putting expensive, hot PAF's in there.

Archived