U.S. Masters Guitar Works...are they too good to be true???

diceman1000

• Members

the guitars look EVERY bit as good as Gibson or Fender...

I own a US Masters guitar, and have had some dealings with the company, and I'm sure they'd simply shut up shop in shame if their quality ever fell to the level of the major manufacturers. The LeGrand (their version of the Strat) has many well-thought-out innovations on the basic design, making for significantly better playability than any Fender I've ever encountered. They're great instruments, from a company that stands behind their products.

• Members

I own a US Masters guitar, and have had some dealings with the company, and I'm sure they'd simply shut up shop in shame if their quality ever fell to the level of the major manufacturers. The LeGrand (their version of the Strat) has many well-thought-out innovations on the basic design, making for significantly better playability than any Fender I've ever encountered. They're great instruments, from a company that stands behind their products.

that's what i like to hear:thu:

• Members

I had a Vector that I eventually sold in order to get a PRS DGT. I regretted getting rid of the US Masters guitar! Very well made... over the top quality, playability and sound. I have thought about getting another one at some point. My next US made guitar will either be a Hamer or a US Masters. I contacted them via email with a question and got a comprehensive answer the next day. Here is a pic or two of the one that got away...

DSC04138.jpg

DSC04148.jpg

DSC04151.jpg

• Members

I just received a used Vector similar to jnapruitt's yesterday.

Flame maple top, Wilkinson trem, Sperzel tuners, Bill Lawrence Keystone pickups, gorgeous birdseye maple neck, pau ferro fingerboard, very cool neck joint, and brass pickup screw inserts.

So far, I'm very impressed.

The workmanship is definitely way up there, compared to some of my other guitars.

• Members

Grew up in Madison and used to frequent the Regenberg store. Next time I am out in Middleton I am going to check out that amp and give it a review.

Michael were you from the Mad town area?

Yes. Mad City! Lived in Middleton and Monona from '76 to '83.

Drinking age was only 18, so all of our friends, and the tens of thousands of UW Madison students could hit the bars and support live music. Third coast and all that!

Did you ever go to Headliners or the ChurchKey?

Radio Free Madison. Turned me on to good music!

M

• Members

Yes. Mad City! Lived in Middleton and Monona from '76 to '83.

Drinking age was only 18, so all of our friends, and the tens of thousands of UW Madison students could hit the bars and support live music. Third coast and all that!

Did you ever go to Headliners or the ChurchKey?

Radio Free Madison. Turned me on to good music!

M

Wow - our time in Madtown overlapped (76-81 -- my wife is from Middleton).

Remember Spooner? They frequently played the Churchkey (and later Headliners). Remember the Stone Hearth - I saw Cheap Trick there (and maybe Elvis Costello - I don't quite remember which club that was...)

• Members

Wow - our time in Madtown overlapped (76-81 -- my wife is from Middleton).

Remember Spooner? They frequently played the Churchkey (and later Headliners). Remember the Stone Hearth - I saw Cheap Trick there (and maybe Elvis Costello - I don't quite remember which club that was...)

Some of my time in Madison is a "blur" if you know what I mean...

Don't remember Spooner... but probably saw them... whenever we didn't have a gig we were out watching someone else...

Did you ever see Sun Blind Lion? From Milwaukee, but played in town regularly. Great guitar player.

My favorite local bluesman was Blind Brian Lee... he would get the churchkey rockin'!

My band played one of our strangest gigs at the Stone Hearth... the other guitar player had two 50' cords connected together so he could go out into the audience... he's running full tilt at the back of the club, and his cord caught under the leg of a chair someone was sitting in...

Literally heels over head in the air, then crash... but he kept on soloing!

Fun times. :D

Later that night there was a stabbing at the back of the club. All we knew was that everyone in the audience turned from looking at us, to looking at these two guys fighting... we didn't know whether to stop or what?

Eventually we ended the song... and the fight continued for a few minutes more.

M

Archived