What is the best cheap guitar with P90s?

oates

• Members
This +1
:thu:
I owned one and feel like a total
:freak:
for having traded it (although I traded it in on a beautiful MIM tele with a very slick MIJ neck). Wish I had it back.

How is the neck on the Tele Custom II? I'm looking for a cheap tele to beat around and that looks good. The affinity is also pretty attractive to me since they are thin and light (lil 59' in the bridge, esquire pickguard, badass squier results).

• Members

How is the neck on the Tele Custom II? I'm looking for a cheap tele to beat around and that looks good. The affinity is also pretty attractive to me since they are thin and light (lil 59' in the bridge, esquire pickguard, badass squier results).

I have a Squier Tele Custom (not the II) and hated the narrow neck. It made the guitar hard to play cleanly. So I put a Guitar Fetish neck on it (the same neck that's on the Xaviere's) and now I just love the guitar.

Not sure if the Custom II has the same neck width, but if so, I would personally not be interested.

• Members

How is the neck on the Tele Custom II? I'm looking for a cheap tele to beat around and that looks good.

It's a matter of personal choice. My hands are on the smaller side so the thinner neck on these work great for me. I recently picked up the humbucker version of this guitar - same neck - I like it.

• Members

Reverend has a nice selection of guitars with P-90s at around the $500 mark, both set neck and bolt on. They're much better made and nicer playing than Agiles and Sx...they cost a bit more, but they're worth the extra cash.

So you have compared the $500-ish imported Reverend to the Agile and SX models?

I figured they would be pretty much on par with Agile and the other Korean built guitars and a little better than the SX stuff. Agile's fit and finish is on par with everything else I have seen come out of Korea in the $500-$700 range but priced more like $300-$500. It's the marketing and advertising that bumps the pricing up for Reverend.

Now the older US made versions I would agree are top notch but since I have not played an imported one I find it interesting that they would be "much" better playing.

Archived