Ibanez Artcore

Thomasguitar

• Members

I've been playing this bass for a few months. I bought it at guitar center and got a great deal. Like I say, it doesn't really cut through in a band situation when played anywhere but right over the pickup (no uprighty sounding thumb-plucking on the neck). When I play it alone though, it seems to be just as loud. Range of tones is pretty low, but the tone it has is good. However, the tone control doesn't do a whole lot. It's easy to work on and set-up (plenty of set-up options) and the quick change bridge is really great. Construction is solid, playability is great. The "8" rating represents what is lacking in tone. I'll play it on stage for looks, but record with my jazz or hagstrom for better sound.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sam....

Apex, NC Auto Rapair | Integrated Marketing Raleigh

• Members

They're solid guitars. They cut the same corners everyone else does to keep the price down - cheap switch, mini-pots & caps, plastic nut - but the workmanship is top notch. The stock pickups are pretty decent and the tuners are fine. I replaced the electronics and pickups on my AS73 (see avatar) and it sounds like a million bucks.

If you see a good deal on one I say jump on it. You won't regret it.

EDIT: I have heard people complain that the neck isn't fat enough for their liking, but I think it's perfect.

• Members

I had an AF105NT, I sold it, I just couldn't enjoy the pickups. I should have just changed them, I'm kicking myself. That guitar was great to play, well set up. I should have ordered some Duncan PUs.

I have the AS103NT. Didn't like the neck PUPs (Custom 58s), they were too muddy, middy and honky , put in Duncan Jazz with split coil and is tremendous, clean/bright/articulated. What didn't you like about the PUPs?

• Members

I have the AS103NT. Didn't like the neck PUPs (Custom 58s), they were too muddy, middy and honky , put in Duncan Jazz with split coil and is tremendous, clean/bright/articulated. What didn't you like about the PUPs?

The first string was muted when I scrolled the tone back. My Heritage doesn't mute the tone, just makes it less bright. Same with my Les Paul, I should have replaced the PUPs with Seth Lovers or Classic 57s. My loss, it really was very nice, otherwise.

• Members

...I bought a used AF-75 back in March...It was modded a bit...first off, the frets have been filed pretty flat, and I love it...secondly, it was already set up for flats (which is why I bought it)...the nut is jacked, and I plan of replacing it...I also plan on throwing a bigsby on it...anyways...its a great guitar...especially for the price...Ibanez makes the best hollowbody guitar for the price and quality...singlehandedly changed my opinion of Ibanez...

• Members

I have an 85, I think. One of the bigger ones. I really like it. Great neck, looks absolutely beautiful, nothing terribly wrong with it. Not crazy about the stock pickups for my use, but you can tame them down and get very decent jazzy tones out of them. I got a pair of Seth Lovers I'm going to slip in there whenever I become unafraid to try to install them.

P1090187a1.jpg

P1090204a1.jpg

P1090193a1.jpg

• Members

I own one of those. My favorite Artcore hollowbody. I love the spruce top.

I modded mine a lot, though. I added an Ibanez Bigsby and roller bridge...swapped out the pickups for Guitar Fetish Nashvilles.... and added a Fender LSR roller nut. Sounds fantastic played acoustically or through an amp.

I've played jazz guitars costing thousands that weren't as nice sounding.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived