edcancel2

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Just bought this off the bay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLP-MM1F-ernie-ball-music-man-Lisc-Guitar-w-lisc-floyd_W0QQitemZ160205231292QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160205231292#ebayphotohosting

Oh, and mikesr1963:

It Features a basswood body

Flame maple top

North American Hard Maple neck

Medium frets

Liscensed Floyd Rose bridge

Direct Coupled/body mounted pickups

Sealed Cast tuners

• Members

No online sore like Guitar Center, Music 123, etc carry these anymore. Just try and find one for sale, its freaking impossible.

NOte: These guitars will no longer be made. OLP will not be building licensed Ernie Ball any more.......get one while you can!

• Members

After playing a band mates mm1, actually he had two, both with regular trems, I bought one of the photo flames for $140 on eBay. It played well. Not long after though I found one with the licensed Floyd and natural top for $280, so I sold the photo flame easily for what I had in it. It is a fun guitar for the money, though mine took some work to get it set up properly. I upgraded my pick ups to GFS Zebra Fat Paf's.

olp_mm1.jpg

• Members

After playing a band mates mm1, actually he had two, both with regular trems, I bought one of the photo flames for $140 on eBay. It played well. Not long after though I found one with the licensed Floyd and natural top for $280, so I sold the photo flame easily for what I had in it. It is a fun guitar for the money, though mine took some work to get it set up properly. I upgraded my pick ups to GFS Zebra Fat Paf's.

olp_mm1.jpg

exact same kind as the one i just ordered off EBay! :love:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLP-MM1F-ernie-ball-music-man-Lisc-Guitar-w-lisc-floyd_W0QQitemZ160205231292QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160205231292#ebayphotohosting

• Members

I have the photo top in amber with the standard trem. I'm not a big trem user, but mine isn't blocked but it is flat against the body.

Mine was $100 used and I simply cannot imagine a better value in a dual HB guitar. The bridge pickup is chock full of harmonics and I end up sounding like a bastard combination of Eddie, Zakk and Billy Gibbons every time I play it, though with zero talent.

Honestly, every time I play it I wish to hell I had something like this when I was 14-15 years old.

• Members

I had one, but as awesome as a guitar it was, I never got along with it... The neck had some issues, It would make a "click" every time I'd first pick it up, as soon as I pressed on the trem bar... Plus, the neck was straight and I couldn't get any relief in it at all... The truss rod wheel was all the way over too... I was convinced that I had a truss rod problem, so I took it in and instead of looking at the rod, the leveled the frets pretty much right down to the board... Jumbo frets=gone after that... I sold it soon after...

000_0036.jpg

• Members

I had one, but as awesome as a guitar it was, I never got along with it... The neck had some issues, It would make a "click" every time I'd first pick it up, as soon as I pressed on the trem bar... Plus, the neck was straight and I couldn't get any relief in it at all... The truss rod wheel was all the way over too... I was convinced that I had a truss rod problem, so I took it in and instead of looking at the rod, the leveled the frets pretty much right down to the board... Jumbo frets=gone after that... I sold it soon after...

000_0036.jpg

I love everything about that guitar except the damn OLP logo :love:

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I'll post pics of my 2 MM1Fs later this weekend. One seems to be SUPER rare...a last minute run before the EBMM deal ran out. I've never seen another one anywhere, either on eBay or craigslist. Its a trans black flame top, just like the natural and amber ones posted above. Anyone interested in seeing it?

• Members

I'll post pics of my 2 MM1Fs later this weekend. One seems to be SUPER rare...a last minute run before the EBMM deal ran out. I've never seen another one anywhere, either on eBay or craigslist. Its a trans black flame top, just like the natural and amber ones posted above. Anyone interested in seeing it?

Sure, we all love to look at the pictures. I've got one of the Amber ones too and after fret level and good setup its a very good guitar. One of the only import guitars that I don't think would be improved with different pickups.

I'm still GASing for a real Axis, but this will hold me over nicely for now. :thu:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I have this one with Rockfield Mafia pick-ups and Floyd Rose:

3731957219_1c73cacdf5.jpg

It needed a proper set-up, but after that it plays and sounds great.

The fretwork was surprisingly good and personally I really like the feel of the neck.

It's not like a real EBMM Axis, but definitely worth the money.

Archived