Logic 9 is here...

pbognar

• Members

Loading up now...

3 hrs to install all the stuff....

Logic 9 will work with non-intel machines, as seen on other sites...

:p

Let us know how well it works. Some reports are that there are significant bugs still. What kind of machine are you on?

• Members

Loading up now...

3 hrs to install all the stuff....

Logic 9 will work with non-intel machines, as seen on other sites...

:p

So is it MainStage that requires an Intel processor and not Logic 9, or are Apple's technical specifications incorrect?

• Members

My Logic 9 update should be here tomorrow. I originally had Logic 7 with the XSkey dongle that I upgraded to Logic 8. That upgrade needed the dongle to install it. Does going from Logic 8 to Logic 9 still require the dongle for installation?

• Members

No dongle required, it just asks for the new serial #.

No issues opening up my last 3 tunes I've been working on.

Just goofing with some new stuff.

Looks good runs fine, finally gives you an overview of whats loading when you open a tune.

flex is cool, my old crappy acoustic drum track that sounds really bad, now is in time.

Just trying to see if I can do the drum replace task.

So far the kick is on, snare next.

seems really good. I'd just like to replace with Toontracks drums.

B

• Members

I detect an Ableton Live influence here:

I have seen this a lot. You could say exactly the same thing about Cubase 5, Pro Tools 8 or Live 8.. everyone was working on the stuff at the same time.. Apple is just the last runner in the race..

I have to admit though, taking their time to get it right seems to have paid off.. its very slick the way its implemented.

I think this is a -very obvious- feature category. If anyone is guilty of copying.. hmm, it would probably be anyone who was inspired by Melodyne.. didn't they do it first? I mean, Beat Detective came out first, but Melodyne really started this liquid audio thing..

Anyhow, its cool that this is a standard feature in the modern DAW.

• Members

The good people on the Logic support line told me that my best bet is to contact apple.com/feedback and complain there. They said that unless the corporate office here's from enough pissed off people there's nothing to be done.

*puts on his angry email hat*
:o

I sympathize with you, but what do you expect? Why not just use what you bought and upgrade when you feel you've reached a point where you are comfortable. How far back should this type of retroactive free upgrade go? 3 months? 6 months?

I heard that someone called and if you've even opened the package, they won't honor the 2 week policy.

Good news is that Logic Studio 1 is fabulous!

• Members

So is it MainStage that requires an Intel processor and not Logic 9, or are Apple's technical specifications incorrect?

Apple's discussion forums talked about this. Apparently, it works on PPC, but is not supported. Meaning, don't call for tech support. They don't recommend running it.

• Members

I have seen this a lot. You could say exactly the same thing about Cubase 5, Pro Tools 8 or Live 8.. everyone was working on the stuff at the same time.. Apple is just the last runner in the race..

I have to admit though, taking their time to get it right seems to have paid off.. its very slick the way its implemented.

I think this is a -very obvious- feature category. If anyone is
guilty of copying
.. hmm, it would probably be anyone who was inspired by Melodyne.. didn't they do it first? I mean, Beat Detective came out first, but Melodyne really started this liquid audio thing..

Anyhow, its cool that this is a standard feature in the modern DAW.

That's not what I meant, but I generally agree with the rest of your post.

Archived