I Had Two Birthdays Today

valentsgrif

• Members

While driving home from work to my house where my wife and kids were waiting to sing happy birthday to me some idiot driver T-bone me at an intersection. My car severely fishtailed then hopped a curb and crushed into a tree after which the car rolled over several times, coming to rest on its side.

I was pinned in the car, with the engine running and smoke filled the interior. Some college age petitie women ran to my car, climbed up on to the side and managed to get the door open and release my seatbelt. My arms were freed so I could turn the car off and with her help climb out. That chick was incredibly brave and risked explosion or having the car fall over on her.

Amazingly, absolutely amazingly I am completely unhurt. The car that hit me left the scene. I have been an emotional wreck all night trying to understand how I am not dead or paralyzed and angry at myself for having been depressed all morning about my birthday (50th). Life is random and often unfair, but its good to be alive.

I'm too wired to sleep since coming home from the hospital so I'm gonna play some. Thanks for letting me share.

• Members

WOW....don't know what to say except HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

and..

there's someone you should thank for being able to post this message AND look forward to your 51st...

He was surely watching out for you. And I would guess you deserved that.

50 is nothing. Neither is 60. I got depressed at turning 40 many years ago. Now I'm thankful I'm as old as I am. Hopefully wiser, too (yeah right).

• Members

so did you bang the college girl? :cop:

glad you're ok. take it easy and give it a few days before you figure out what's wrong with you. your contents may still be settling.

be grateful. happy birthday.

i went through this early this year when i guy almost sideswiped me and i spun out, drove across four lanes of rush hour traffic and hit the center divider head on at 70 mph. the other car kept right on keeping on. that was the beginning of an odd sequence of events, but i managed to turn that frown upside down, as it were. i'd be happy to talk you through it if you have questions.

love,
eor

and this sunday a drunk driver drove into my (parked) car, wrecking the car i got to replace the other car someone else helped me wreck. good year for eor. :facepalm:

• Members

That was the crazy thing, like something out of a movie. If it was my daughter I'd have been pissed at her. People can be amazing.

Glad you're OK, valentsgrif. Quite an experience you had there. Must have been a bit of a shocker for the wife and kids too, I expect.

You think there's any chance the police can find the driver who caused this?

And as for the girl that helped you, you should send her something nice. Seriously.

• Members
Where do you live, eor?

Considered moving?

heh, i was supposed to move into a new place at the end of the week but it fell through because of some property manager. among my reasons for moving-

long commute (30-40 miles)
no parking space

:facepalm:

all that's missing is guitar recording related accident.

love,
eor

any witnesses? nobody saw/said {censored} in my case so i ate the insurance increase. hope they can prove you weren't at fault, at least.

• Members
Now you see what those movie stunt dudes have to go through 8 hours a day 5 days a week.
;)

Exactly! Funny, while I'm going round and round, I'm thinking a)this is like one of those NASCAR accident replays from video from inside the car and b) I'm gonna die on my birthday.

And yes, one witness did stop and give the police confirmation of my story about being hit. It will make all the difference as I'm on thin ice with the insurance company (16 y/o dirver in the family, prior claims, ect.)

• Members

Yikes. Dunno what to say other than happy birthday and did you get that girl's number?

Thanks, Doc. Thanks everybody. The police did give me her number this morning, but when I tried to call I got all choked up and put the phone down. I guess I'm wierdly emotional about this, and hope to man up and get my {censored} together soon.

Archived