Thoughts on Esp LTD 401 :confused:

wolfspider

• Members

Hey guys, i have some serious GAS for a Ltd ec guitar , the problem is i'm in a budget situation ($500) so i'll be buying a used one, anyways i'd like to know if anyone have tried or own the new series ec-401, i've been looking for reviews on the web but can't find anything :confused:

• Members

I recently picked up a mint ESP LTD Series PB-500 that looks,feels,sounds and plays like a much more expensive instrument than it's modest price would suggest.And this is from a usually "made in the USA is best" kind of guy [i have 9 other American built guitars].I have also played some 400 Series LTD's and have found them all to be very nice guitars.Btw,I believe that the 400,500 and 600 Series to be built in ESP's excellent Korean factory.

http://www.espguitars.com/esp2007/guitars_pb.html

My PB-500 looks exactly like the ASB colored one at the top.

Ed

• Members

i have an EC-400vf with the duncan pups, and an EC-GTA(500 w/custom graphics) and EMGs, love em both...better bang for the buck than a lot of models, thin u-shaped neck,

if you can squeeze another hundred the EC-1000 is on sale for $599 on a couple sites

• Members

I heard 400, 500, series were made in Korea, and the 401 and other models with the 1 in the name are the same guitars, but now made in China or Indonesia.

This. Myself, I'd avoid the XX1 series entirely. The Korean-made LTDs are good value for the money. A used MIJ ESP is even better.

• Members

I have the 400VF with Duncans, and it is way more guitar than I paid for. It persuaded me to get the EC1000, and I'm glad I did. I also have the PB500 with Duncan Alnico II Pros, awesome.

I might consider selling the 400VF since I got the other.

• Members

i have an EC-400vf with the duncan pups, and an EC-GTA(500 w/custom graphics) and EMGs, love em both...better bang for the buck than a lot of models, thin u-shaped neck,

if you can squeeze another hundred the EC-1000 is on sale for $599 on a couple sites

Yep they're on sale for $599 but only in olympic white,green and purple see thru :cry:

• Members

I've had about 5 LTDs... all were made in Korea... all were very, very impressive and I got a great deal on all of them used. I've sold all but one.

I will say though, having played many LTDs and owning a few over the last 5-ish years, I can't imagine paying full price for a new 401 vs getting a used 1000. My EC1000 was perfect from the time I pulled it out of the case. I paid/traded the equivalent of $525 shipped for mine and that's $100 less than a new 401.

The 401s are pretty cool if you are stuck on buying new but there's about a 0.0% chance I'd buy new with all the great deals on used older ones.

• Members

I just played one this weekend. I had a EC-400 a couple of years back that I sold (which I wish I would have kept) and liked the EC-401 better. It is hard to justify a brand new one when you can get a used EC-1000 for about the same price but I could see how the gaudy binding on the EC-1000 can sway you away from it.

• Members

I've had about 5 LTDs... all were made in Korea... all were very, very impressive and I got a great deal on all of them used. I've sold all but one.

I will say though, having played many LTDs and owning a few over the last 5-ish years, I can't imagine paying full price for a new 401 vs getting a used 1000. My EC1000 was perfect from the time I pulled it out of the case. I paid/traded the equivalent of
$525 shipped
for mine and that's $100 less than a new 401.

The 401s are pretty cool if you are stuck on buying new but there's about a 0.0% chance I'd buy new with all the great deals on used older ones.

That's what I paid for my EC1000.

• Members

I just played one this weekend. I had a EC-400 a couple of years back that I sold (which I wish I would have kept) and liked the EC-401 better. It is hard to justify a brand new one when you can get a used EC-1000 for about the same price but I could see how the gaudy binding on the EC-1000 can sway you away from it.

Not all of the EC1000s are gaudy. :cop:

P1070032a1.jpg

Archived